English Language 4-1
- Enrollement in the course requires an successful completion of the following courses:
- English Language 3-1 (U04L3102)
- Garant předmětu:
- Institute of Language Studies
The course is suitable for students of bachelor managerial studies. The course focuses on developing all four language skills at the given level, i.e. reading, writing, speaking and listening, on understanding and orientation in a wide-range of topics in the students' respective professional and acedemic context, as well as on strengthening and improving grammar. All interconnected language skills are submitted to the goal of developing the required level needed for students' academic and professional life.
Active participation in class, regular attendance (75% - maximum of 6 x 90 mins in English and second language combined), regular submitting of assignments, final written exam test (min. 50%).
Students who do not have compulsory attendance still need to write the final exam test. Only students with C1 or higher language proficiency certificate do not need to write the final test.
- Syllabus of lectures:
- Syllabus of tutorials:
will be available in Moodle and MS Teams
- Study Objective:
This course is aimed at improving the students’ ability to communicate effectively in a business environment and to consolidate their knowledge of functional language, grammar structures, and listening comprehension at B1+/ B2+ level.
- Study materials:
- Dubicka, I. et al. (2019). Business Partner B1+ (Student’s Book). Harlow: Pearson.
- Murphy, R. (2012) English Grammar in Use (4th edition). Cambridge: CUP
- Dubicka, I. et al. (2019). Business Partner B2+ (Student’s Book). Harlow: Pearson.
- Vince, M. (2014). Language Practice for First (5th edition). London: Macmillan.
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- B-PM-prez.forma od 15/16 (language course)
- B-EK-prez.forma od 16/17 (language course)
- B-EK-prez.forma od 17/18 (language course)
- B-EM-P prezenční studium od 18/19 (language course)
- B-EM-P prezenční studium od 19/20 (language course)
- B-EM-P prezenční studium od 20/21 (language course)
- B-EM-P prezenční studium od 21/22 (language course)
- B-EM-P prezenční studium od 22/23 (language course)