Programming in Shell 1
- Garant předmětu:
- Department of Computer Systems
Students become advanced and knowledgeable users of common UNIX-like operating systems. They understand the fundamental principles of the operating systems (file systems, processes and threads, access rights, memory management, network interfaces). They gain the knowledge of advanced users, with hands-on experience of the shell, basic commands, and filters.
Elementary GUI interaction.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Introduction. Fundamental concepts. History and architecture of OS Unix. File systems in OS UNIX.
2. Processes and threads in OS UNIX. Process identity and access rights in OS UNIX.
3. Memory management in OS Unix. Network interface in OS Unix.
4. Security of OS UNIX. X Window.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1. Introduction. GUI. Basic Unix commands. Introduction to shell, the vi editor. Basic commands for working with files and directories. Standard process inputs and outputs. Filters. Regular expressions. grep command. sed and awk commands. Access rights, find command, data backup and data compression.
2. Processes, exit code, test command. Variables, shell control commands, command blocks, functions, arithmetics. User input, processing flags, writing and debugging scripts, task scheduling. Shell scripting, consultations. Test. Assessment.
- Study Objective:
Students gain basic knowledge about operating systems, fundamental concepts in this area, and hands-on experience with UNIX.
- Study materials:
1. Cameron Newham. Learning the bash Shell: Unix Shell Programming. Third Edition. O'Reilly, 2005. ISBN: 978-0596009656.
2. Jon Lasser. Think UNIX. Que, 2000. ISBN 078972376X.
3. Bruce Blinn. Portable Shell Programming: An Extensive Collection of Bourne Shell Examples. Prentice Hall, 1995. ISBN: 978-0134514949.
4. Arnold Robbins, Nelson H.F. Beebe. Classic Shell Scripting. O'Reilly, 2005. ISBN: 978-0596005955.
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- Bachelor program Informatics, unspecified branch, in Czech, part-time, 2015 – 2021 (compulsory course in the program)
- Bachelor branch Security and Information Technology, in Czech, part-time, 2015 - 2019 (compulsory course in the program)
- Bachelor branch Web and Software Engineering, spec. Software Engin., in Czech, part-time, 2015–2020 (compulsory course in the program)
- Bachelor branch Security and Information Technology, part-time, in Czech, 2020 (compulsory course in the program)
- Bachelor branch Security and Information Technology, in Czech, part-time, 2015 commuters (compulsory course in the program)