- Garant předmětu:
- Department of Computer Systems
Students acquire basic skills needed to administrate computer networks, networking technologies, services, and to ensure their security. They understand and are able practically use Ethernet technology, VLAN, authorisation, security architecture of computer networks, routing protocols and backbone routing mechanisms, directory and naming services and addressing, administration of networking equipment, secure client connections and secure data transfer, flow control mechanisms, and service availability monitoring.
Basic knowledge of network technologies.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Introduction. Ethernet technology, VLAN, authorization. Security architecture of computer networks - firewall, VPN.
2. Routing protocols of autonomous systems - RIP, OSPF. Backbone routing mechanisms - EGP, BGP.
3. Naming services, addressing - DNS, DHCP. Naming services - LDAP.
4. Mail. Network equipment administration - protocols.
5. Network equipment administration - applications. Secure connection of clients and secure data transfer - RADIUS, ssh, ssl, IPsec.
6. Data flows in computer networks - QoS, flow control mechanisms. Service availability monitoring, SLA.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1. Introduction. Firewall - seminar. Firewall - lab. Dynamic routing - seminar. Dynamic routing - lab. Domain Name System - seminar.
2. Domain Name System - lab. Consultation. Mail server - lab. Monitoring systems - seminar. Monitoring systems - lab.  Semestral project presentation.
- Study Objective:
The goal of the module is to teach students to administer network equipment and services.
- Study materials:
1. Kurose, J. F., Ross, K. W. ''Computer Networking: A Top-Down Approach (4th Edition)''. Addison Wesley, 2007. ISBN 0321497708.
2. Stallings, W. ''SNMP, SNMPv2, SNMPv3, and RMON 1 and 2 (3rd Edition)''. Addison-Wesley Professional, 1999. ISBN 0201485346.
3. Josephsen, D. ''Building a Monitoring Infrastructure with Nagios''. Prentice Hall, 2007. ISBN 0132236931.
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- Bachelor program Informatics, unspecified branch, in Czech, part-time, 2015 – 2021 (VO)
- Bachelor branch Security and Information Technology, in Czech, part-time, 2015 - 2019 (elective course)
- Bachelor branch Web and Software Engineering, spec. Software Engin., in Czech, part-time, 2015–2020 (elective course)
- Bachelor branch Security and Information Technology, part-time, in Czech, 2020 (elective course)
- Bachelor branch Security and Information Technology, in Czech, part-time, 2015 commuters (elective course)