- Garant předmětu:
- Marek Kodr
- Kateřina Kalášková, Marek Kodr, Martin Pilný
- Department of Software Engineering
This course introduces students to the fundamentals of testing and quality management. Students will learn what the role of a tester is in the context of different types of software development and will experience hands-on application testing using both manual and automated testing. At the end of the semester, the student should be prepared to perform a test analysis, design a set of test scenarios, prepare test data, automate an appropriate portion of the scenarios, and prepare a report on the bugs found in the product under test.
This course extends some of the knowledge from BI-SWI,21, BI-TDA and BI-IDO.21.
- Syllabus of lectures:
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1. Testing and quality, the role of a tester in a development team.
2. Levels of testing and SDLC, basic techniques and tools for testing.
3. Testing strategies and test scenarios.
4. Test data generation and validation.
5. Bug reporting.
6. Unit tests, static and dynamic code analysis.
7. Postman and API testing.
8. Automated testing.
9. Exploratory testing, risk analysis.
10. Regression testing, User Acceptance Testing, user testing.
11. Artifacts and tools for testing and reporting.
- Study Objective:
- Understand the basic principles of software testing and quality management
- Learn to design and implement test scenarios
- Gain hands-on experience with manual and automated testing
- Learn how to analyse test results and report bugs
- Understand the different levels of testing and their importance in the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Study materials:
ISTQB® Foundation 2018 V3.1 syllabus
- Further information:
- bude doplněno
- Time-table for winter semester 2023/2024:
Mon Tue Wed ThuroomTH:A-942
Thákurova 7 (budova FSv)
- Time-table for summer semester 2023/2024:
- Time-table is not available yet
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- Bachelor specialization Information Security, in Czech, 2021 (elective course)
- Bachelor specialization Management Informatics, in Czech, 2021 (elective course)
- Bachelor specialization Computer Graphics, in Czech, 2021 (elective course)
- Bachelor specialization Computer Engineering, in Czech, 2021 (elective course)
- Bachelor program, unspecified specialization, in Czech, 2021 (elective course)
- Bachelor specialization Web Engineering, in Czech, 2021 (elective course)
- Bachelor specialization Artificial Intelligence, in Czech, 2021 (elective course)
- Bachelor specialization Computer Science, in Czech, 2021 (elective course)
- Bachelor specialization Software Engineering, in Czech, 2021 (elective course)
- Bachelor specialization Computer Systems and Virtualization, in Czech, 2021 (elective course)
- Bachelor specialization Computer Networks and Internet, in Czech, 2021 (elective course)
- Study plan for Ukrainian refugees (elective course)