- Garant předmětu:
- Jan Žďárek
- Lukáš Bařinka, Jan Žďárek
- Lukáš Bařinka, Jan Žďárek
- Department of Computer Systems
Students gain a general overview of available scripting languages, their syntax, semantics, programming style, data structures, pros and cons. In addition, they gain a deeper insight into shell and some other particular scripting languages and will get practical experience with shell script programming.
Student should have some user experience with shell usage as well as basic orientation in operating systems' principles and the formal description of languages.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Bourne Again Shell (bash)
2. Bourne Again Shell
3. Bourne Again Shell
4. Regulární výrazy, grep
5. Stream Editor (sed)
6. Aho-Weinberger-Kernighan (awk)
7. Perl - introduction
8. Perl - syntax
9. Perl - syntax
10. Perl - useful constructs, PerlDoc
11. Perl - regular expressions
12. Perl - regular expressions
13. Common problems in complex scripts programming
- Syllabus of tutorials:
2. Bourne Again shell
3. Bourne Again shell
4. Regular Expressions, grep
5. Stream editor
12. Perl. Example of a typical exam task, discussion.
13. Semestral project evaluation
- Study Objective:
Students are likely to encounter several scripting languages in their professional career. In this course, presentation of the shell as a programming language, started in elementary UNIX module, is completed.
Students get an overview of some common scripting languages and learn some of them in detail. The knowledge acquired allows to choose the best scripting language for a particular problem, based on control and data structures, available in the presented scripting languages.
- Study materials:
3. Christiansen, T., Foy, B.D., Wall, L. , Orwant, J.: Programming Perl, O'Reilly 2012, 1184 pp., ISBN 978-0596004927.
4. Arnold Robbins: Effective awk Programming: Universal Text Processing and Pattern Matching, O'Reilly 2015, 560 pp., ISBN 978-1491904619.
- Further information:
- Time-table for winter semester 2022/2023:
- Time-table is not available yet
- Time-table for summer semester 2022/2023:
Mon Tue Wed Thu FriroomT9:302
NBFIT PC ucebna
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- Bachelor specialization Information Security, in Czech, 2021 (elective course)
- Bachelor specialization Management Informatics, in Czech, 2021 (elective course)
- Bachelor specialization Computer Graphics, in Czech, 2021 (elective course)
- Bachelor specialization Computer Engineering, in Czech, 2021 (elective course)
- Bachelor program, unspecified specialization, in Czech, 2021 (elective course)
- Bachelor specialization Web Engineering, in Czech, 2021 (elective course)
- Bachelor specialization Artificial Intelligence, in Czech, 2021 (elective course)
- Bachelor specialization Computer Science, in Czech, 2021 (elective course)
- Bachelor specialization Software Engineering, in Czech, 2021 (elective course)
- Bachelor specialization Computer Systems and Virtualization, in Czech, 2021 (elective course)
- Bachelor specialization Computer Networks and Internet, in Czech, 2021 (elective course)
- Study plan for Ukrainian refugees (elective course)