- Garant předmětu:
- Department of Information Security
The course deals with hardware resources used to ensure security of computer systems including embedded ones. Students become familiar with the operating principles of cryptographic modules, security features of modern processors, and storage media protection through encryption. They will gain knowledge about vulnerabilities of HW resources, including side-channel attacks and tampering with hardware during manufacture. Students will have an overview of contact and contactless smart card technology including applications and related topics for multi-factor authentication (biometrics). Students will understand methods of efficient implementations of ciphers.
basics of computer security and cryptography, programming
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. HW cryptographic modules, key storage.
2. Security elements of processor architectures.
3. Smart cards and tokens: Architectures and systems.
4. Smart cards and tokens: Authentication protocols.
5. Smart cards and tokens: RFID, Near Field Communication.
6. Methods of side channel attacks (power analysis, timing attack, electromagnetic analysis).
7. Storage encryption algorithms, introduction to polynomial arithmetic.
8. Efficient cipher implementation, AES cipher.
9. Physical unclonable functions.
10. True random and pseudorandom number generators.
11. Introduction to biometric identification methods.
12. Security of embedded devices, vulnerabilities of modern processors.
13. Trusted hardware design, hardware trojans.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1. Introduction to Java Card programming
2. Loading applets into cards, PIN excercise
3. Hashing operations, communication with PC
4. Digital signature on smart card
5. Basics of differential power analysis
6. Polynomial arithmetic (seminar)
7. Simple AES-128 implementation
8. Optimizing AES for 32bit platforms
9. AES acceleration using dedicated instructions (AES-NI)
10. Testing AES on an ARM microcontroller
11. Finishing AES tasks
12. PUF circuit response analysis
- Study Objective:
- Study materials:
1. Mangard S., Oswald E., Popp T. : Power Analysis Attacks: Revealing the Secrets of Smart Cards. Springer, 2007. ISBN 387308571.
2. Tuyls P., Skoric B., Kevenaar T. : Security with Noisy Data: Private Biometrics, Secure Key Storage and Anti-Counterfeiting. Springer, 2007. ISBN 1846289831.
3. Bhunia S., Tehranipoor M. : Hardware Security: A Hands-on Learning Approach. Morgan Kaufmann, 2018. ISBN 9780128124772.
4. Rankl W., Effing W. : Smart Card Handbook (4th Edition). John Wiley & Sons, 2010. ISBN 978-0-470-74367-6.
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- Bachelor specialization Information Security, in Czech, 2021 (PS)
- Bachelor specialization Management Informatics, in Czech, 2021 (elective course)
- Bachelor specialization Computer Graphics, in Czech, 2021 (elective course)
- Bachelor specialization Computer Engineering, in Czech, 2021 (elective course)
- Bachelor program, unspecified specialization, in Czech, 2021 (VO)
- Bachelor specialization Web Engineering, in Czech, 2021 (elective course)
- Bachelor specialization Artificial Intelligence, in Czech, 2021 (elective course)
- Bachelor specialization Computer Science, in Czech, 2021 (elective course)
- Bachelor specialization Software Engineering, in Czech, 2021 (elective course)
- Bachelor specialization Computer Systems and Virtualization, in Czech, 2021 (elective course)
- Bachelor specialization Computer Networks and Internet, in Czech, 2021 (elective course)