Programming of Graphic Applications
- Garant předmětu:
- Radek Richtr
- Radek Richtr
- Radek Richtr
- Department of Software Engineering
The course will present the possibilities of current professional open-source tools for image editing, video editing, 3D animation (GIMP, Blender) and their use for visualization of specific data (3D scenes, mathematical data). Emphasis will be placed on the possibilities of further enhancement of the presented software tools, both using built-in scripting languages and by implementation of plugins.
Entry knowledge in the range of courses BI-MGA, BI-PYT.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Basics of graphic application programming, history.
2. 2D graphics - Methodology of programming plugins in C ++ (GIMP).
3. 2D graphics - Python plugin programming methodology, advanced functions (GIMP).
4. 2D graphics - Computational methods, convolution, filters.
5. 2D graphics - Image processing methods.
6. 3D graphics - Data structures for 3D graphics.
7. 3D graphics - Internal data structures of graphic tools (Blender).
8. 3D graphics - Python plugin programming methodology (Blender).
9. 3D graphics - Plugins in other editors (3D Studio Max, Maya).
10. 3D graphics - Advanced lighting models.
11. 3D graphics - Texturing models.
12. 3D graphics - Basics of realistic texturing.
13. 3D graphics - Advanced texturing.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1) GIMP - Introduction, creating extensions
2) GIMP - Exercises, assignment of the first semester work
3) Consulting exercises
4) Control of the first semester work
5) Blender - Introduction, use of Python language in Blender tool
6) Blender - Exercise tasks, plug-in programming
7) Blender - Exercises, assignment of the second semester work
8) Consulting exercises
9) Control of the second semester work
10) SAGE and CAVE - Introduction, exercises, semester assignment
11) Consulting exercises
12) Control of the third semester work
- Study Objective:
- Study materials:
1. Jaworski W. : Programming Add-ons for Blender, Version 2.0. Creative Commons License, 2019.
2. Filip J., Haindl M. : Visual Texture. Springer, 2013. ISBN 978-1447149019.
3. Lecarme O., Karine Delvare K. : The Book of GIMP: A Complete Guide to Nearly Everything. No Starch Press, 2013. ISBN 978-1593273835.
4. Žára J. a kol. : Moderní počítačvá grafika. Computer Press, 2004. ISBN 80-251-0454-0.
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- Bachelor specialization Information Security, in Czech, 2021 (elective course)
- Bachelor specialization Management Informatics, in Czech, 2021 (elective course)
- Bachelor specialization Computer Graphics, in Czech, 2021 (PS)
- Bachelor specialization Computer Engineering, in Czech, 2021 (elective course)
- Bachelor program, unspecified specialization, in Czech, 2021 (VO)
- Bachelor specialization Web Engineering, in Czech, 2021 (elective course)
- Bachelor specialization Artificial Intelligence, in Czech, 2021 (elective course)
- Bachelor specialization Computer Science, in Czech, 2021 (elective course)
- Bachelor specialization Software Engineering, in Czech, 2021 (elective course)
- Bachelor specialization Computer Systems and Virtualization, in Czech, 2021 (elective course)
- Bachelor specialization Computer Networks and Internet, in Czech, 2021 (elective course)