- Garant předmětu:
- Department of Computer Systems
The course introduces students to the principles of computer networking. It covers basic technologies, protocols, and services commonly used in local networks and in the Internet as well. The lectures will be amended by proseminars that introduce students into network programming and demonstrate the abilities of advanced network technologies. Students practically verify configurations and management of network devices in the lab within the environment of the operating systems Linux and Cisco IOS.
Programming in C, C++, or Java.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Intoduction to computer networks, OSI model, TCP/IP stack, IP addresses and segmentation.
2. Data-link layer and its protocols.
3. Ethernet technology, virtual local networks (VLANs) introduction.
4. Network layer and Internet protocol version 4.
5. Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6).
6. Routing in computer networks, routing tables and algorithms.
7. Transport layer, protocols TCP and UDP.
8. Directory services, domain services (DNS), hierarchy, domain administration and security.
9. Computer networks security, firewalls, honeypots, intrusion detection and prevention systems.
10. Virtual private networks (VPNs). Anonymity in the Internet.
11. Application layer and its protocols.
12. Wireless computer networks.
13. Internet architecture. Optical networks.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1. Computer networks basics, IPv4 addressing, TCP/IP, DNS, network traffic.
2. Protocol IPv4, routers, static routing, routing tables.
3. Protocol IPv6, stateless configuration, neighbour discovery.
4. Protocol IPv6, network address translation (NAT), firewalls, network security, traffic filtering.
5. Dynamic routing RIP and OSPF.
6. Presentation of semestral projects.
- Study Objective:
The module is to learn students the architectures and protocols of computer networks and computer network technologies with the focus on the 2nd to 4th ISO OSI layer. The module is also an introduction to network security and network administration.
- Study materials:
1. Tanenbaum A.S., Feamster N., Wetherall D.J. : Computer Networks (6th Edition). Pearson, 2021. ISBN 97801355407981.
2. Peterson L. L., Davie B. S. : Computer Networks: A Systems Approach (6th Edition). Morgan Kaufmann, 2020. ISBN 978-0-12-818200-0.
3. Howser G. : Computer Networks and the Internet. Springer, 2020. ISBN 978-3-030-34496-2.
4. Colouris G. : Distributed Systems: Concepts and Design (5th Edition). Addison-Wesley, 2011. ISBN 978-0132143011.
5. Dostálek L. : Velký průvodce protokoly TCP/IP, bezpečnost, Computer Press, 2003. ISBN 80-7226-849-X.
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- Bachelor specialization Information Security, part-time, in Czech, 2021 (compulsory course in the program)
- Bachelor specialization Software Engineering, part-time, in Czech, 2021 (compulsory course in the program)
- Bachelor specialization Computer Networks and Internet, part-time, in Czech, 2021 (compulsory course in the program)
- Bachelor specialization Computer Systems and Virtualization, part-time, in Czech, 2021 (compulsory course in the program)
- Bachelor program, unspecified specialization, part-time, in Czech, 2021 (compulsory course in the program)