Design of Web Applications
- Garant předmětu:
- Department of Software Engineering
The basic course of web application development. Initially, the students become familiar with HTTP and its possibilities and partly with some properties of language describing the structure (HTML) and presentation of document on the Web (CSS). These skills provide the necessary basis for the development of Web applications, which will be demonstrated in modern libraries facilitate the development of Web pages applications.
Server side will be demonstrated on PHP technology using frameworks Symfony 2, Doctrine 2.
The course requires knowledge of OOP in the range of previous courses of recommended passage through the study plan. Furthermore, knowledge of relational databases, software engineering methods and basics of computer networks are required.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Protocol HTTP and language HTML.
2. Cascading Style Sheets.
3. Tools for development of web applications.
4. Architecture of web applications and design patterns.
5. State of a web application, data storage.
6. Design and processing of forms (user interaction).
7. Authentication and authorization.
8. Web services.
9. Event processing and Document Object Model.
10. Asynchronous client-server communication.
11. Web application security.
12.  Modern web approaches.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
3. Introduction to Dynamic Web Applications
4. Introduction to Symfony
5. Introduction to Doctrine
6. Symfony: Forms
7. Doctrine: Association Mapping
8. Symfony: Authentication and Authorization
9. REST API
13. Team presentation
- Study Objective:
Students are able to design and implement a complete web application (both the client side and the server side).PHP is the most popular programming language for writing dynamic web applications, and is used as the primary programminglanguage of this module. Students learn to design and implement, for instance, an e-shop, a gallery, a shared calendar, andso on. Tools for quick and secure application development are introduced.
- Study materials:
1. Frain B. : Responsive Web Design with HTML5 and CSS: Develop future-proof responsive websites using the latest HTML5 and CSS techniques (3rd Edition). Packt Publishing, 2020. ISBN 978-1839211560.
2. Daigneau R. : Service Design Patterns: Fundamental Design Solutions for SOAP/WSDL and RESTful Web Services. Addison-Wesley, 2012. ISBN 978-0321544209.
3. Mitchell L.J. : PHP Web Services. O'Reilly Media, 2013. ISBN 978-1449356569.
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- Bachelor specialization Information Security, in Czech, 2021 (elective course)
- Bachelor specialization Management Informatics, in Czech, 2021 (elective course)
- Bachelor specialization Computer Graphics, in Czech, 2021 (elective course)
- Bachelor specialization Computer Engineering, in Czech, 2021 (elective course)
- Bachelor program, unspecified specialization, in Czech, 2021 (VO)
- Bachelor specialization Web Engineering, in Czech, 2021 (PS)
- Bachelor specialization Artificial Intelligence, in Czech, 2021 (elective course)
- Bachelor specialization Computer Science, in Czech, 2021 (elective course)
- Bachelor specialization Software Engineering, in Czech, 2021 (elective course)
- Bachelor specialization Computer Systems and Virtualization, in Czech, 2021 (elective course)
- Bachelor specialization Computer Networks and Internet, in Czech, 2021 (elective course)