Applied Network Security
- Department of Information Security
The aim of the course is to introduce selected topics from computer networks in terms of cybersecurity. These topics extend the basic knowledge gained in course BI-PSI with actual security applications like the public key infrastructure, encrypted network protocols, link and network layer security or wireless networks. After finishing the course student will get knowledge of security applications in computer networks.
Prerequisites and co-requisites Basic knowledge of BI-KAB is assumed.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Security in computer networks - review.
2. Security in computer networks – attacks and remediation.
3. Network devices security.
4. Public key infrastructure.
5. Encrypted networking protocols – TLS.
6. Wireless networks.
7. Internet of Things.
9. Virtual private networks.
10. Privacy and anonymity.
11. Network services security.
12. Cloud security.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1. LAN Security I.
2. LAN Security II.
3. LAN Security III.
4. Certificates I.
5. Certificates II.
9. Webserver I.
10. Webserver II.
11. Network traffic analysis I.
12. Network traffic analysis II.
- Study Objective:
- Study materials:
1. Smith C. : Car Hacker’s Handbook. No Starch Press, 2016. ISBN 978-1-59327-703-1.
2. Knapp E., Langill J. : Industrial Network Security: Securing Critical Infrastructure Networks for Smart
Grid, SCADA, and Other Industrial Control Systems (2nd Edition). Syngress, 2014. ISBN 978-0124201149.
3. Waleed E., Anpalagan A. : Internet of Things for Smart Cities: Technologies, Big Data and Security. Springer, 2018. ISBN 978-3319950365.
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- Bachelor specialization Information Security, part-time, in Czech, 2021 (PS)
- Bachelor specialization Software Engineering, part-time, in Czech, 2021 (elective course)
- Bachelor specialization Computer Networks and Internet, part-time, in Czech, 2021 (elective course)
- Bachelor specialization Computer Systems and Virtualization, part-time, in Czech, 2021 (elective course)
- Bachelor program, unspecified specialization, part-time, in Czech, 2021 (VO)