- Garant předmětu:
- Department of Architecture
The heritage fund of the Czech Republic is very extensive, extremely valuable and very diverse. The abundance of cultural monuments evokes the need for quality monument care, without which it is impossible to preserve this heritage for future generations.
Participation in lectures.
During the semester 2 mini-tests with a minimum success rate of 60%.
The above requirements are necessary but not sufficient conditions for successful completion of the course.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1.-2. Introduction to the study of conservation - context, legislative framework, conventions, institutions.
3. Principles of restoration of monuments.
4. Excursions: e.g. Prague Castle - Plečnik's restoration.
5. Terminology of monument conservation.
6. History of conservation
7.-8. Monument surveys.
9. Examples of restoration of monuments I.
10. Building materials of historic structures and their uses.
11. Historical development of building structures (e.g., masonry/wood structures - depending on semester capacity).
12.Examples of restoration of monuments II.
13.Excursion: the Centre of Building Heritage of NTM Plasy.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
The course has no exercises.
- Study Objective:
The core knowledge of Architecture and Building students includes an understanding of architectural history and respect for the historic environment. The course „Historic Preservation“ introduces students to the basic requirements and rationale of historic preservation.
- Study materials:
- Collective of authors: Péče o architektonické dědictví (Care for Architectural Heritage), Part I, Prague 2008
- Collective author: Péče o architektonické dědictví (Care for Architectural Heritage), Volume III, Prague 2009
- Škabrada, J.: Construction of Historical Buildings, Argo 2003
- Act No. 20/1987 Coll., on State Heritage Care
- International documents on the protection of cultural heritage, National Heritage Institute, 2007
- Professional and methodological publications of the National Heritage Institute, 2007
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans: