Testing and Reliability
- Garant předmětu:
- Department of Digital Design
Students gain knowledge about circuit testing and about methods for increasing reliability and security. They will get practical skills to be able to prepare a test set with the help of the intuitive path sensitization and to use an ATPG for automatic test generation. They will be able to design easy testable circuits and systems with built-in-self-test equipment. They will be able to analyze and control reliability and availability of the designed circuits.
Digital IC design (BIE-SAP).
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Introduction, terminology, defects, faults
2. Test generation for combinational circuits
3. Automatic Test Patterns Generation algorithms (ATPG)
4. Sequential circuits testing, fault simulation
5. Dependability, increasing dependability
6. Dependability models, dependability computation
7. Design for testability
8. Sequential circuit testing - scan design
9. Interconnect testing, SoC and NoC testing
10. Built-in self-test (BIST)
11. Test compression
12. Memory and FPGA testing
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1. Introduction to the course
2. Faults in digital circuits
3. D-Algorithm, Boolean Differential Calculus
4. Tests generation for combinational circuits
5: Testing of sequential circuits
6. ATPG Atalanta
7. Reliability Block Diagrams
8. Markov reliability models
9. Fault Tree Analysis and other reliability models
10. Reliability standards
11. Assessment test, Design of the BIST
- Study Objective:
Students will gain an overview about circuit testing and about methods for increasing reliability and dependability. Students will understand the complexity of fault detection, fault localisation, reliability evaluation and enhancement by solving practical examples and projects. They will be able to optimize the trade-off between introduced redundancy and the measure of testability and dependability of the proposed system. Students will obtain a competence for getting a position of testing engineer in the teams working on complex digital designs.
- Study materials:
O. Novák, E. Gramatová, and R. Ubar, „Handbook of testing electronic systems“. Praha: Publishing House of CTU, 2005. ISBN 80-01-03318-X.
R. Velazco, D. McMorrow, J. Estela, „Radiation Effects on Integrated Circuits and Systems for Space Applications“, Springer, 2019, ISBN: 978-3-030-04660-6, 401 p.
Z. Navabi, „Digital System Test and Testable Design“, Springer, 2011, ISBN 978-1-4419-7547-8, p. 435
L. D., Protheroe D., „Digital circuit testing and design for testability“, in Design of Logic Systems, Springer, Boston, MA, ISBN: 978-0-412-42890-6, 1992
F. C. Wang, „Digital Circuit Testing: A Guide to DFT and Other Techniques“, Elsevier, ISBN 978-0-12-734580-2, 1991, 228 p.
F. da Silva, T. McLaurin, and T Waayers, „The Core Test Wrapper Handbook: Rationale and Application of IEEE Std. 1500“, Frontiers in Electronic Testing, 2006-th Edition, Springer, ISBN 978-0387307510, 2006, 276 p.
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- Master branch Knowledge Engineering, in Czech, 2016-2017 (elective course)
- Master branch Computer Security, in Czech, 2016-2019 (elective course)
- Master branch Computer Systems and Networks, in Czech, 2016-2019 (elective course)
- Master branch Design and Programming of Embedded Systems, in Czech, 2016-2019 (compulsory course of the specialization)
- Master branch Web and Software Engineering, spec. Info. Systems and Management, in Czech, 2016-2019 (elective course)
- Master branch Web and Software Engineering, spec. Software Engineering, in Czech, 2016-2019 (elective course)
- Master branch Web and Software Engineering, spec. Web Engineering, in Czech, 2016-2019 (elective course)
- Master program Informatics, unspecified branch, in Czech, version 2016-2019 (VO)
- Master branch System Programming, spec. System Programming, in Czech, 2016-2019 (elective course)
- Master branch System Programming, spec. Computer Science, in Czech, 2016-2017 (elective course)
- Master specialization Computer Science, in Czech, 2018-2019 (elective course)
- Master branch Knowledge Engineering, in Czech, 2018-2019 (elective course)