- Garant předmětu:
- Department of Software Engineering
Students will learn new trends and technologies on the Web including theoretical foundations. Students will gain an overview about Web applications architectures, concepts and technologies about programmable Web (REST Architectures, Mashups), basic mechanisms for knowledge representation on the Web (microformats, meta-data, ontologies, open linked data, etc.), mechanisms about collective intelligence (collaborative filtering, predictions of users' behaviours), social networks, and security.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Web 1.0: basic concepts and technologies URI, HTTP, HTML.
2. Web 2.0: read/write web, programmable web, democratized web, decentralized web, real-time web.
3. REST Architecture, RESTful services.
4. RESTful design patterns for Web API, Mashups.
5. Meta-data, knowledge representation, semantics.
6. Content annotation, microformats, open link data.
7. User interface elements, Rich User Experience.
8. Collective intelligence, collaborative filtering methods.
9. Decision trees, users' activities analysis.
10. Crowdsourcing principles and technologies, social networks, folksonomies.
11. Protocols for real-time Web.
12. Security mechanisms (OAuth, OpenID).
13. Security threats (phishing, X-site scripting, clickjacking), precautions.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1. Basic Web application design (functions, data, user interface).
2. Web API design.
3. User interface design.
4. Web application semantics and meta-data.
5. Collective intelligence mechanisms implementation.
6. Application security, security verification.
- Study Objective:
Web 2.0 defines new models for information sharing, interoperability and creation based on collaborative approaches. Web 2.0 defines new models for human-computer interactions and new ways how information on the Web can be used and processed in new value-added applications. The module will provide a fundamental basis for everyone who wants to design and implement modern Web applications based on new paradigms and state-of-the-art Web technologies.
- Study materials:
1. Vossen, G., Hagemann, S. ''Unleashing Web 2.0''. Morgan Kaufmann, 2007. ISBN 0123740347.
2. Segaran, T. ''Programming Collective Intelligence: Building Smart Web 2.0 Applications''. O'Reilly Media, 2007. ISBN 0596529325.
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- Master branch Knowledge Engineering, in Czech, 2016-2017 (elective course)
- Master branch Computer Security, in Czech, 2016-2019 (elective course)
- Master branch Computer Systems and Networks, in Czech, 2016-2019 (elective course)
- Master branch Design and Programming of Embedded Systems, in Czech, 2016-2019 (elective course)
- Master branch Web and Software Engineering, spec. Info. Systems and Management, in Czech, 2016-2019 (elective course)
- Master branch Web and Software Engineering, spec. Software Engineering, in Czech, 2016-2019 (elective course)
- Master branch Web and Software Engineering, spec. Web Engineering, in Czech, 2016-2019 (compulsory course of the branch)
- Master program Informatics, unspecified branch, in Czech, version 2016-2019 (VO)
- Master branch System Programming, spec. System Programming, in Czech, 2016-2019 (elective course)
- Master branch System Programming, spec. Computer Science, in Czech, 2016-2017 (elective course)
- Master specialization Computer Science, in Czech, 2018-2019 (elective course)
- Master branch Knowledge Engineering, in Czech, 2018-2019 (elective course)