Transportation Planning and Modeling
- Garant předmětu:
- Department of Applied Mathematics
Basic steps and tools used within four step model (trip generation, trip distribution, mode choice and trip distribution). Mobility and availability in urban areas, land use. New trends for transportation planning and modelling.
Data collection and preprocessing. Basics of statistics and linear regression. Knowledge of decission support computer tools.
- Syllabus of lectures:
- Syllabus of tutorials:
- Study Objective:
Explain principles of creating a transportation model and which phases must be followed. Gain practical experience, creation of a transportation model on a project. Model is a tool for urban sprawl and land use. The ultimate focus is on building smart cities.
- Study materials:
Susan Hanson and Genevieve Guiliano. The Geography of Urban Transportation, The Third Edition New York: The Guilford Press. 2004
Frumkin, H.; Frank, L. and Jackson, R. (2004) Urban Sprawl and Public Health, designing, planning, and building for healthy communities. Washington DC: Island Press
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- LA nav.prez.15/16 (compulsory course)
- LA nav.prez.16/17 (compulsory course)
- LA nav.prez.17/18 (compulsory course)
- LA nav.prez.18/19 (compulsory course)
- LA nav.prez.19/20 (pro obor LA) (compulsory course)
- navaz. mag. PRE program LA 20/21 (nová akreditace) (compulsory course)