Dynamics of Structures and Systems
- Garant předmětu:
- Department of Mechanics and Materials
Vibration of systems with multiple degrees of freedom. Natural modes and natural frequencies. Method of stiffness constants, method of elastic constants, other numerical methods. Systems with continuously distributed mass. Matrix form of equations of vibration. Finite element method in dynamics of structures. Solving vibrations by superposition of natural modes. Subspace iteration methods. Introduction to nonlinear vibrations.
Basic linear algebra and matrix calculus. Vibration with one degree of freedom.
- Syllabus of lectures:
- Syllabus of tutorials:
- Study Objective:
Ability to solve vibration of systems with multiple degrees of freedom. Overview of numerical methods in dynamics.
- Study materials:
Engineering dynamics: a comprehensive introduction by N. Jeremy Kasdin and Derek A. Paley. 2010. Princeton University Press.
Intermediate dynamics for engineers: a unified treatment of Newton-Euler and Lagrancian mechanics by Oliver M. O'Reilly. 2008. Cambridge University Press.
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- DOS bak.prez.16/17 (compulsory course)
- DOS bak.prez.17/18 - v 1.sem. si NEZAPSALI 14DB (compulsory course)
- DOS bak.prez.17/18 - v 1.sem. si ZAPSALI 14DB (compulsory course)
- DOS bak.prez.18/19 (compulsory course)
- DOS bak.prez.18/19 (skok do 3.r.) (compulsory course)
- DOS bak.prez.19/20 (compulsory course)
- DOS bak.prez.19/20 (skok do 3.r.) (compulsory course)
- DOS bak.prez.20/21 (compulsory course)
- DOS bak.prez.21/22 (skok do 3.r.) (compulsory course)
- DOS bak.prez.21/22 (compulsory course)