Web Application Design
- David Bernhauer (guarantor)
- Filip Glazar, David Bernhauer (guarantor)
- Department of Software Engineering
The basic course of web application development. Initially, the students become familiar with HTTP and its possibilities and partly with some properties of language describing the structure (HTML) and presentation of document on the Web (CSS). These skills provide the necessary basis for the development of Web applications, which will be demonstrated in modern libraries facilitate the development of Web pages applications.
Server side will be demonstrated on PHP technology using frameworks Symfony 2, Doctrine 2.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Introduction (web application architecture, HTTP).
2. Introduction of PHP, basics of handling HTTP connections by a web server.
3. OOP in PHP5.
4. Access to databases, separation of database access from the application logic, independence of the database used, MySQL5.
5. Keeping session information over stateless HTTP connections, cookies, sessions.
6. Separation of the presentation part of the application from the application logic, SMARTY templates.
7. Development cycle of a web application.
8. Practical aspects of web application development: Security of PHP applications.
9. Rapid Application Development (RAD) applied to web applications, PEAR, PECL.
10. XML-based technologies, processing XML documents in PHP, differences between PHP4 and PHP5.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
- Study Objective:
Students are able to design and implement a complete web application (both the client side and the server side).PHP is the most popular programming language for writing dynamic web applications, and is used as the primary programminglanguage of this module. Students learn to design and implement, for instance, an e-shop, a gallery, a shared calendar, andso on. Tools for quick and secure application development are introduced.
- Study materials:
- Further information:
- Time-table for winter semester 2022/2023:
NBFIT PC učebnaroomT9:348
NBFIT PC ucebnaroomT9:348
NBFIT PC ucebna
Tue Wed Thu Fri
- Time-table for summer semester 2022/2023:
- Time-table is not available yet
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- Bachelor program Informatics, unspecified branch, in Czech, 2015-2020 (VO)
- Bachelor branch Security and Information Technology, in Czech, 2015-2020 (elective course)
- Bachelor branch Computer Science, in Czech, 2015-2020 (elective course)
- Bachelor branch Computer Engineering, in Czech, 2015-2020 (elective course)
- Bachelor branch Information Systems and Management, in Czech, 2015-2020 (elective course)
- Bachelor branch Knowledge Engineering, in Czech, 2015-2017 (elective course)
- Bachelor branch Web and Software Engineering, spec. Software Engineering, in Czech, 2015-2020 (elective course)
- Bachelor branch Web and Software Engineering, spec. Web Engineering, in Czech, 2015-2020 (compulsory course of the branch)
- Bachelor branch Web and Software Engineering, spec. Computer Graphics, in Czech, 2015-2020 (elective course)
- Bachelor branch Knowledge Engineering, in Czech, 2018-2020 (elective course)
- Bachelor branch Web and Software Engineering, spec. Computer Graphics, in Czech, Dubin (elective course)