Theoretical and Applied Mechanics
- Department of Mechanics and Materials
Fundamentals of theory of plasticity. Plasticity conditions. Elastoplastic and plastic state of body. Reliability and durability of structures. The stress and strain state around the notch. Stress intensity factor. Fracture toughness. Energy methods of linear fracture mechanics. Crack driving force. Opening the crack. Fatigue properties of the material. Fatigue process. Dimensioning of fatigue.
- Syllabus of lectures:
- Syllabus of tutorials:
- Study Objective:
Mastering the basics of the theory of plasticity and structure calculations taking into account plasticity. Knowledge of the principles of fracture mechanics and fatigue processes with computational methods.
- Study materials:
J. Šejnoha, V. Kufner: Pružnost, pevnost, plasticita III, ES ČVUT, Praha 1990.
M. Růžička, M. Hanke, M. Rost: Dynamická pevnost a životnost, ČVUT, Praha 1992.
N. Dowling: Mechanical Behaviour of Material, Pearson Prentice Hall 2007.
A. G. Atkins, Y. W. Mai: Elastic and Plastic Fracture, Ellis Horwood Limited, London 1985
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- ME nav.komb.11/12 (compulsory course)
- ME nav.prez.11/12 (compulsory course)
- PL nav.prez.11/12 (compulsory course)
- DS nav.prez.12/13 (compulsory course)
- PL nav.prez.12/13 (compulsory course)
- DS nav.prez.13/14 (compulsory course)
- PL nav.prez.13/14 (compulsory course)
- DS nav.prez.14/15 (compulsory course)
- DS nav.prez.15/16 (compulsory course)
- DS nav.prez.16/17 (compulsory course)
- DS nav.prez.17/18 (compulsory course)
- DS nav.prez.18/19 (compulsory course)
- DS nav.prez.19/20 (pro obor DS) (compulsory course)