Road Transportation Control Systems
- Department of Transport Telematics
The content of the subject is the complex of the traffic knot, line or area control. In the introduction to this problem the basic conceptions from the branch are being introduced. The princip of control by means of light signalisation equipments, princip of signal picture proposal basic transport characteristic are being discussed. The technical means of knot control and the corresponding software, princips and properties of traffic detectors and models of transport flow, methods of line control of transport flow, specifications of areas control, central control, safety systems, modes of preferences in public transport and statistic component of transport (parking and parking systems etc) are always being gone through. The conception of the telematics is being introduced, its content and the spedific problems of traffic control in tunnels and their environment also discussed.
Basic knowledge of traffic engineering and electronics.
- Syllabus of lectures:
- Syllabus of tutorials:
- Study Objective:
Basic orientation in the traffic control of a junction; basic concepts; principles of traffic controllers by light signalling. Traffic parameters and statistic distribution of transport characteristics.
- Study materials:
Přibyl P., Mach R.: Control System of Road Transport, ČVUT, 2003 (in Czech), Přibyl P.: Lecture of cource, electronic version of slides at server of FD, Přibyl P., Svítek M.: Intelligent Transport Systems, BEN, 2002 (in Czech)
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- 2.bl.bak.prez.AI 09/10začátek (compulsory course)
- 2.bl.bak.prez.AI 05/06 začátek (compulsory course)
- 2.bl.bak.prez.AI 06/07 začátek (compulsory course)
- 2.bl.bak.prez.AI 07/08začátek (compulsory course)
- 2.bl.bak.prez.AI 08/09začátek (compulsory course)
- 2.bl.bak.prez.AI 10/11začátek (compulsory course)
- 2.bl.bak.prez.AI (compulsory course)