- Garant předmětu:
- Department of Natural Sciences
The Physics II course introduces fundamentals and applications of electromagnetic fields. The covered topics include electromagnetic interaction, electric field, magnetic field, electromagnetic field, Maxwell's
equations, electromagnetic radiation, fundamentals of quantum physics, atomic nucleus and elementary particles, and interaction of radiation with matter.
1. Not more than 1 absence in computational exercise seminars.
2. 100 minutes written exam, which includes 5-6 theoretical questions.
- Syllabus of lectures:
Outline of lectures:
1. Physical interaction.
2. Electromagnetic interaction, electrical field, Coulomb law
3. Electrical potencial, energy, capacity.
4. Intensity of magnetical field, Lorentz´ force.
5. Magnetical induction, Biot-Savart-Laplace law
6. Energy of magnetical field,
7. Electromagnetical induction.
8. Oscillation, RLC circuit.
10. Maxwells´ equations, Laplaces´ operator.
11. Shining of black object, laws.
12. Aplications of elektromagnetic spectrum
13. Model of atom, spectroscopy.
14. Nuclear radiation.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
- Study Objective:
Students will acquire the fundamental theory of electricity and magnetism, electromagnetic field, incl. Maxwell's equations, as well as a number of practical applications of the studied phenomena.
- Study materials:
 Halliday, D. et al.: Fundamentals of Physics. John
Wiley and Sons.
 Feynmanovy přednášky na California Institute of Technology: http://www.feynmanlectures.caltech.edu/
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- Biomedical Technician - full time study in English (compulsory course)