- Garant předmětu:
- Michal Schmirler
- Department of Fluid Dynamics and Thermodynamics
The study subject’s aim is to expand the students´ knowledge gained from the previous “Alfa” versions of the bachelor’s subjects Fluid Mechanics and Thermomechanics. It generalizes the findings in the scope of compressible fluid flow; the attention is focussed on the several non-isentropic cycles as well as fundaments of non-stationary and multidimensional flows.
- Syllabus of lectures:
• Fundamental relations and laws.
• 1D stationary isentropic flow of compressible fluid; total and static states, Mach number.
• Critical state, Laval number, mass flux, Fliegner’s equation.
• Dynamic functions of the ideal gas.
• Normal shock wave. Prandtl’s equation. Shock polar. Dynamic functions.
• Flow through passages of the non-constant cross section area. Convergent nozzle, Laval nozzle. Diffuser. Aerodynamic
• Multi-throat system. Operation of the supersonic diffuser and supersonic wind tunnel.
• Other non-isentropic processes. Flow with friction. Dynamic functions.
• Flow with heat transfer. Dynamic function. Diabatic shock. Fundaments of high-speed combustion.
• Fundaments of 1D non-stationary flow. Method of characteristics.
• Multidimensional stationary flow, compressible flow. Subsonic flow. Prandtl’s transformation.
• Supersonic multidimensional flow. Oblique shock wave. Flow past wedge and cone.
• Prandtl – Meyer expansion. Supersonic flow of compressible fluid past bodies.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
- Study Objective:
- Study materials:
- Time-table for winter semester 2022/2023:
- Time-table is not available yet
- Time-table for summer semester 2022/2023:
Mon Tue Wed ThuroomT4:A1-507b
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- 13 136 NSTI MMT 2012 základ (compulsory course in the program)
- 14 141 NSTI AME 2012 základ (compulsory course in the program)