Heat and Mass Transfer
- Jiří Polanský
- Jiří Polanský
- Department of Fluid Dynamics and Thermodynamics
The course extends the knowledge gained in the subject Thermomechanics Alfa especially in the area of heat transfer. Attention is paid to more complex cases (non-stationary, multidimensional problems) as well as to processes where heat transfer is accompanied by simultaneous mass transfer (mixing exchangers).
- Syllabus of lectures:
• Heat transfer - basic laws and relations. Simple and combined cases of heat transfer.
• Heat conduction. Relationship between temperature field and heat flow. 1 D cases. Fourier's law.
• Fourier and Fourier - Kirchhoff equations.
• Multidimensional heat transfer cases.
• Non-stationary heat conduction.
• Heat transfer by convection. Heat transfer. Free and forced convection. Newton's law.
• Special cases of heat transfer. Use of analogy.
• Heat transfer and similarity theory. Similar numbers and laws. Criterial equations.
• Heat transfer by radiation. Thermal radiation and its properties. Black, white and gray body.
• Basic cases of heat transfer by radiation. Methods of solving more complex problems.
• Combined heat transfer cases. Heat transfer. Basic types of heat exchangers and their solutions.
• Fundamentals of mass transfer. Basic laws. Analogy.
• Solution of more complex types of exchangers. Mixing exchanger. Regeneration exchanger.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
- Study Objective:
- Study materials:
Incropera F. P.: Fundamentals of Heat and Mass Transfer, Wiley, Hoboken, 2007
- Time-table for winter semester 2022/2023:
- Time-table is not available yet
- Time-table for summer semester 2022/2023:
Mon Tue Wed Thu FriroomT4:C1-310
- The course is a part of the following study plans: