- Tomáš Hyhlík
- Department of Fluid Dynamics and Thermodynamics
The aim of the course is to expand the students' knowledge gained from the previous course Thermomechanics Alfa in the areas of the real gas thermodynamics, irreversible process thermodynamics, multiphase- and multicomponent system characteristics and thermodynamics cycles of the real heat engines and machines also.
- Syllabus of lectures:
• Fundamental concepts of thermodynamics, thermodynamics laws, reversible- and irreversible processes.
• Fundamental concepts of molecular theory of gases, relations with the therms of phenomenological thermodynamics.
• Pressure, temperature, viscosity, thermal conductivity of gases.
• Gases behaviour models. Ideal gas, semi-perfect gas, real gas (Van der Waal’s gas). Theorem of corresponding states.
• Characteristics of the real gases. Equation of state. Joule’s experiment. Adiabatic throthing of real gas.
• Relations for transferred heat calculation, internal energy changes and real gas enthalpy.
• Mathematic fundamentals of real gas thermodynamics.
• Phase transitions of real gases and solution procedures.
• Irreversible processes.
• Thermal engines- and machines cycles. Gas turbines. Multistage expansion and compression.
• Cycles with reheating and regeneration. Combined thermal cycles. Cooling machine cycles.
• Multicomponent systems. Characteristics of the real mixtures. Volume- and thermal effects.
• Phase transition of multicomponent systems.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
- Study Objective:
- Study materials:
• Moran M. J., Shapiro H. N., Fundamentals of engineering thermodynamics, Hoboken: Wiley
• Kondepudi D., Prigogine I., Modern thermodynamics: from heat engines to dissipative structures, Wiley, 2015
- Time-table for winter semester 2022/2023:
- Time-table is not available yet
- Time-table for summer semester 2022/2023:
Mon Tue Wed Thu FriroomT4:C1-310
- The course is a part of the following study plans: