- Garant předmětu:
- Department of Applied Mathematics
Fundamentals of discrete and numerical algorithms and numerical methods. Practical excersises on selected algorithms, error analysis of numerical algorithms, comparison of possible variants of a numerical algorithm.
Knowledge of MATLAB and its programming, ability to write programs in high-level languages such as C++ or Python. Understanding the basic programming techniques and algorithms.
- Syllabus of lectures:
- Syllabus of tutorials:
- Study Objective:
Knowledge of theoretical principles of algorithms combined with a good engineering ability to create own algorithms and to implement them in MATLAB environment or in a high-level programming language.
- Study materials:
R. L. Graham, D. E. Knuth, O. Patashnik: Concrete Mathematics, Addison - Wesley Publishing Company, Inc., 2004
M. T. Heath: Scientific Computing: An Introductory Survey. 2nd edition. McGraw-Hill, 2002
T. H. Cormen, C. E. Leiserson, R. L. Rivest, C. Stein: Introduction to Algorithms. 2nd edition. The MIT Press / McGraw-Hill, 2002
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- ID nav.prez.11/12 (compulsory course)
- ID nav.prez.12/13 (compulsory course)
- BI nav.prez.13/14 (compulsory course)
- BD nav.prez.13/14 (compulsory course)
- ID nav.prez.13/14 (compulsory course)
- BD nav.prez.14/15 (compulsory course)
- ID nav.prez.17/18 (compulsory course)