Programming and Algorithmics 1
- Garant předmětu:
- Department of Theoretical Computer Science
Students gain the ability to formulate algorithms for solving basic problems and write them in the C language. They understand data types (simple, structured, pointers), expressions, statements, functions, concept of recursion. They learn to analyse simple cases of algorithm complexity. They know fundamental algorithms for searching, sorting, and manipulating with linked lists.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Algorithm, program, programming languages. Development environments. Variables, assignment statement, input and output for integer data types.
2. Data types for real numbers. Expressions. Control structures, branching, cycles.
3. Functions, input/output parameters. Decomposition of a problem into subproblems, recursion.
4. Arrays, strings. Pointers, dynamic variables.
5. Files. Complexity of algorithms, sorting and searching.
6. Structures, structured files. Linked lists.
7. Modular programming, other features of C.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1. Numeral systems, conversions. Bit, byte, word, double word. Development environments. Integer types, variables, assignments, I/O. Displaying integers, two?s complement code. Real data types. Displaying floating-point numbers. Expressions. Conditional statements. Cycles, processing sequences. Functions. Recursive functions.
2. Arrays and strings. Pointers and dynamic variables. Files. Complexity of algorithms, examples of algorithms with various complexities. Structures, structured files. Linked lists. Reserved.
- Study Objective:
The module provides fundamental algorithmics and procedural programming skills that are crucial for further studying.
- Study materials:
1.Brassard, G., Bratley, P. ''Fundamentals of Algorithmics.'' Prentice Hall, 1995. ISBN 0133350681.
2.Sedgewick, R. ''Algorithms in C, Parts 1--5.'' Addison Wesley, 2001. ISBN 0201756080.
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- Bachelor program Informatics, unspecified branch, in Czech, part-time, 2015 – 2021 (compulsory course in the program)
- Bachelor branch Security and Information Technology, in Czech, part-time, 2015 - 2019 (compulsory course in the program)
- Bachelor branch Web and Software Engineering, spec. Software Engin., in Czech, part-time, 2015–2020 (compulsory course in the program)
- Bachelor branch Security and Information Technology, part-time, in Czech, 2020 (compulsory course in the program)
- Bachelor branch Security and Information Technology, in Czech, part-time, 2015 commuters (compulsory course in the program)