Urban and Regional Rail Transit Systems
- Department of Logistics and Management of Transport
Factors influencing transport demand, modal-split, traffic flows distribution on public transit network. Line network optimization and configuration. Timetable designing and evaluation accenting integrated periodic timetable. Rolling stock circulation, staff and crew services optimization and their order to rosters. Framework legislation, non-barrier effects and preference of public transport. Marketing.
knowledge of graph theory, operation research methods, principles of system theory, waiting-line theory, theory of transport
- Syllabus of lectures:
- Syllabus of tutorials:
- Study Objective:
Students should be able to design proposals of urban and regional rail public transport systems, optimize urban / regional rail line network, form timetable influenced by line network and rolling stock circulation, such as configurate of model crew and staff rosters.
- Study materials:
Vuchic, V. R.: Urban Transit Systems and Technology, Hoboken: Wiley, 2007.
Drdla P.: Technologie a řízení dopravy ? MHD, skripta DFJP Univerzity Pardubice, 2005.
Kotas, P.: Dopravní systémy a stavby, Vydavatelství ČVUT, Praha, 2002.
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- ME nav.komb.11/12 (compulsory elective course)
- LO nav.komb.12/13 (compulsory elective course)
- LO nav.komb.13/14 (compulsory elective course)
- LO nav.komb.14/15 (compulsory elective course)
- PL nav.komb.15/16 (compulsory elective course)
- PL nav.komb.16/17 (compulsory elective course)
- PL nav.komb.17/18 (compulsory elective course)
- PL nav.komb.18/19 (compulsory elective course)
- PL nav.komb.19/20 (compulsory elective course)
- PL nav.komb.20/21 (compulsory elective course)
- PL nav.komb.21/22 (compulsory elective course)