- Petr Klán (guarantor)
- Tomáš Houdek, Alena Libánská
- Department of Software Engineering
The objective of the course is to get acquainted with scientific methods and discovery of order and laws of the universe, including the aspects of human life. The subject combines scientific methods in natural sciences, mathematics, computer science and humanities. Another aim is to introduce rules and requirements of scientific communication via research papers and posters.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Scientific method.
2. History of science and scientific theories.
3. Human existence, transcendent and non-transcendent approach.
4. Reductionism, Holism, and different definitions of time.
5. Solution of difficult problems, grit, analogy and language of mathematics.
6. Speech of images and graphs and research communication.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1. Science as a concept; Historical contexts of science.
3. Examples of difficult issues, mindmaps, brainstorming.
4. Scientific Theory.
5. Methodology of scientific project.
6. Research papers, posters, conferences.
- Study Objective:
- Study materials:
1.Klán, P. (2018). Kniha vědeckého výzkumu. TIGRIS.
2.Rosen, J. (2010). Lawless Universe. Science and the Hunt for Reality. The John Hopkins University Press.
3.Kuhn, T.S. (1997): Struktura vědeckých revolucí. Oikoymenh.
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- Management Informatics, Presented in Czech, Version 2020 (compulsory elective course)
- Software Engineering, Presented in Czech, Version 2020 (compulsory elective course)