- The course cannot be taken simultaneously with:
- Design for the FPGA and ASIC Technology (MI-NFA.16)
Systems on Chip (MI-SOC.16)
- Miroslav Skrbek, Hana Kubátová (guarantor)
- Miroslav Skrbek, Hana Kubátová (guarantor), Martin Daňhel
- Department of Digital Design
Embedded software course acquainted students with the specifics of software development for embedded systems. The course covers the areas from the basic techniques of programming in C language and code optimizations, through typical areas as the reliable software development, embedded operating systems, signal processing, up to sophisticated techniques combined with artificial intelligence.
Programming in C, embedded systems fundamentals.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Specifics of software development for embedded systems.
2. Programming languages.
3. Code optimization with respect to power consumption, cost and performance.
4. Reliable software development, debugging and testing.
5. Interrupt, cooperative multitasking, RTOS.
6. Real-time operating systems.
7. Signal processing.
8. DSP applicatins programming.
9. Software for control applications.
10. Model-based design and HW/SW co-design.
11. Programming of industrial robots.
12. Artificial intelligence in embedded systems.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
Course labs are project-oriented. The topics of student projects reflect the topics in the lectures. Projects also emphasize project management and students' presentation skills.
- Study Objective:
The aim of the course is to provide students with a deeper insight into embedded systems. Mainly to show the integration of modern technologies and artificial intelligence in embedded systems and to provide students with a broad perspective with a view to applying advanced technologies in their final theses and technical practice after graduation.
- Study materials:
 Hobbs, C. : Embedded Software Development for Safety-Critical Systems (1st Edition). Auerbach Publications, 2015. ISBN 978-1498726702.
 Fan, X. : Real-Time Embedded Systems: Design Principles and Engineering Practices. Newnes, 2015. ISBN 978-0128015070.
 Lynch, K. M. - Park, F. C. : Modern Robotics: Mechanics, Planning, and Control. Cambridge University
Press, 2017. ISBN Cambridge University Press.
 ElAli, T. - Karim, M. A. : Continuous Signals and Systems with MATLAB. CRC Press, 2018. ISBN
 Dinwiddie, K. : Industrial Robotics.Cengage Learning (1st Edition). Delmar Cengage Learning, 2018. ISBN 978-1133610991.
 Moons, B. - Bankman, D. - Verhelst, M. : Embedded Deep Learning: Algorithms, Architectures and Circuits for Always-on Neural Network Processing. Springer, 2018. ISBN 978-3319992228.
- Further information:
- Time-table for winter semester 2020/2021:
Mon Tue FriroomTH:A-1242
Thákurova 7 (FSv-budova A)
Thákurova 7 (FSv-budova A)
- Time-table for summer semester 2020/2021:
- Time-table is not available yet
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- Specialization Computer Science, Presented in Czech, Version 2018 to 2019 (VO)
- Computer Security, Presented in Czech, Version 2020 (VO)
- Design and Programming of Embedded Systems, Presented in Czech, Version 2020 (PS)
- Computer Systems and Networks, Presented in Czech, Version 2020 (VO)
- Management Informatics, Presented in Czech, Version 2020 (VO)
- Software Engineering, Presented in Czech, Version 2020 (VO)
- System Programming, Presented in Czech, Version 2020 (VO)
- Web Engineering, Presented in Czech, Version 2020 (VO)
- Knowledge Engineering, Presented in Czech, Version 2020 (VO)
- Specialization Computer Science, Presented in Czech, Version 2020 (VO)
- Master's Program Informatics, Plan for students without Specialization, in Czech, 2020 (PS, VO)