Internet of Things
- Garant předmětu:
- Department of Computer Systems
The subject is focused on the area of hardware and software technologies for the strongly growing computer support of various devices. Its goal is familiarization with available development elements (Raspberry Pi, Arduino Due) and with the language for efficient application development and modification (GNU Forth).
Knowledge of processor architectures, programming languages such as C, C++, Java or Python. Ability to work with electronic interfaces of processor and operating system Linux. Ability to use the Internet communications transport layer (TCP, UDP).
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Introduction, hardware, middleware and software layer in IoT applications.
2. HW technologies for IoT - architectures ARM, AVR, PIC and Galileo (Intel). Development devices Raspberry Pi, Arduino Due, ...
3. Software technologies for IoT - Forth as an alternative for C, C++, Java or Python.
4. Forth - work with the interpreter, simple compiled function examples.
5. Forth - program compilation, including source code.
6. A communication layer of IoT, alternatives among IoT messages.
7. XML and ASN.1 messages' format.
8. Compilation of XML and ASN.1 messages for client interfaces (Android).
9. Forth - multitasking distributed algorithms for IoT, data distribution and sharing.
10. Sensors a control interfaces of IoT processors.
11. Network technologies, which support Internet communication layer.
12. Areas of Internet of Things applications.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1. Introduction, simple examples of GNU Forth under Linux OS.
2. Working with Raspberry Pi devices connected via Ethernet, semester task selection.
3. Work on semester tasks.
4. Work on semester tasks.
5. Work on semester tasks.
6. Presentation of the homework results.
- Study Objective:
The subject acquaints students with technologies, which form the basis for distributed monitoring and control systems, in some areas already used (advanced PLC control technology, computer control in cars), in others just developing (intelligent buildings, medical supervision). The aim is the understanding to methods of effective development for such applications.
- Study materials:
1. Eben Upton, Gareth Halfacree: Raspberry Pi User Guide, 3rd Edition, Wiley 2014.
2. Stephan Pelc: Programming Forth. Microprocessor Engineering Ltd. 2011.
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- Master specialization Computer Security, in Czech, 2020 (elective course)
- Master specialization Design and Programming of Embedded Systems, in Czech, 2020 (elective course)
- Master specialization Computer Systems and Networks, in Czech, 202 (elective course)
- Master specialization Management Informatics, in Czech, 2020 (elective course)
- Master specialization Software Engineering, in Czech, 2020 (elective course)
- Master specialization System Programming, in Czech, version from 2020 (elective course)
- Master specialization Web Engineering, in Czech, 2020 (elective course)
- Master specialization Knowledge Engineering, in Czech, 2020 (elective course)
- Master specialization Computer Science, in Czech, 2020 (elective course)
- Mgr. programme, for the phase of study without specialisation, ver. for 2020 and higher (elective course)
- Study plan for Ukrainian refugees (elective course)