- Garant předmětu:
- Department of Urban Water Management
Environmental chemistry (water, air, soil) and basic processes affecting quality of the environment.
Aquatic chemistry: hydrological cycle, physical and chemical characteristics of water, chemical composition, occurrence of chemical substances in water and their significance; drinking water and waste water, their treatment, water protection.
Chemistry of the atmosphere: atmosphere composition, air pollution, distribution of pollution, basic pollutants in the atmosphere and their significance, Atmosphere protection.
Chemistry of soil: composition, chemical characteristics, pollution, remediation of contaminated soils, Soil protection.
- Syllabus of lectures:
Aquatic chemistry: basic chemical characteristics of water, abnormalities, hydrological cycle
2. Aquatic chemistry: occurrence of chemical substances in water and their significance
Inorganic substances in water ? sources, significance
3.Aquatic chemistry: organic substances in water ? ways of identification, sources, characterization of the most important groups of organic substances occurring in water
4. Aquatic chemistry: water use, sources, drinking water treatment, wastewater treatment
Drinking water quality requirements, surface water quality, water protection
5. Aquatic chemistry: practical demonstration of laboratory analyzes ? basic physico-chemical parameters
6. Aquatic chemistry: practical demonstration of laboratory analyzes ? water hardness, nitrates, organic substances, bacteriological analysis
7. Aquatic chemistry: practical demonstration of laboratory analyzes ? heavy metals analysis in water and bed sediment
8. Chemistry of the atmosphere: atmosphere stratification, composition, significance of basic components of the air
Air pollution of local and regional extent ? distribution of pollutants, significance/ impacts on human and the environment
9.Chemistry of the atmosphere: atmospheric pollution of global extent: greenhouse effect, global climate change, ozone layer depletion
10. Chemistry of the atmosphere: air quality monitoring, emissions monitoring
Evaluation of current situation of air quality in Prague
11. Soil chemistry: composition, chemical characteristics of soil, sorption of chemical substances in soil ? sorption complex
- Syllabus of tutorials:
- Study Objective:
- Study materials:
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans: