- Garant předmětu:
- Department of Urban Water Management
Composition of natural waters. Types of water pollution, its effects and characteristics. Pollution sources. Running waters. Reservoirs. Water quality protection. Water quality modelling.
On-going solution of examples in exercises, submission of selected examples
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Use of water and requirements for its quality. Natural composition of surface waters - cycles of basic elements, processes and natural factors.
2. Water pollution I - types of pollution, their properties and effects (pollution causing a loss of oxygen, nutrients, suspended substances, toxic substances, plastics)
3. Water pollution II - types of pollution, their properties and effects (water acidification, thermal pollution, pathogenic microorganisms, pollution affecting organoleptic properties)
4. Sources of pollution - point and non-point sources, sources related to precipitation runoff, accidents
5. Lakes and reservoirs - ecosystem, stratification, eutrophication, modeling, protection measures
6. Rivers - ecosystem, self-purification, protection measures
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1. Material balance. Transport processes
2. Transformation processes
3. Ideal reactors
4. Hydraulic behavior of systems
5. Rivers: Transport and Mixing.
6. Rivers: Self-purification.
- Study Objective:
he aim of the lectures is to understand natural processes and human influences on surface water quality and to introduce the principles of water protection. The goal of the exercises is to provide background of water quality modelling.
- Study materials:
! Pitter P. (2021). Hydrochemie. 5. vydání. ISBN: 978-80-7080-928-0
? Gujer, Willi (2008). Systems Analysis for Water Technology. ISBN 978-3-540-77278-1
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans: