Security and Hardware
- Garant předmětu:
- Department of Digital Design
Students gain a basic knowledge in selected topics of cryptography and cruptanalysis. The module focuses particularly on elliptic curve cryptography, and on contemporary attacks on cryptographic systems. Students gain a good overview of the functionality of (hardware) cryptographic accelerators, random number generators, smart cards, and resources for securing of internal functions of computer systems.
Basic fundamentals of cryptography.
Basic fundamentals of digital design.
Knowledge of VHDL or C.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Smart Cards.
2. Efficient Implementation of RSA.
3. Efficient Exponentiation.
4. (2) Implementation of Prime Fields Operations.
5. (2) Implementation of Binary Fields Operations.
6. Implementation of General Fields Operations.
7. (2) Elliptic Curve Cryptography.
8. Brute-Force Attacks
9. Time-Memory Trade-Off Attacks.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1. Implementation of a chosen cipher in a FPGA or a microcontroller.
3. Digital signature.
4. Elliptic Curve Cryptography (ECC). Point addition over elliptic curve; its implementation in the FPGA or the microcontroller.
5. Diffie-Hellman key exchange over elliptic curve (ECDH); its implementation in the FPGA or the microcontroller.
- Study Objective:
The module introduces students into the area of security of computer systems using hardware and provides knowledge needed for analysis and design of computer system security.
- Study materials:
1. Menezes, A., Oorschot, P., Vanstone, S. ''Handbook of Applied Cryptography''. CRC Press, 1996. ISBN 0849385237.
2. Paar, C., Pelzl, J. „Understanding Cryptography“. Springer, 2010, ISBN 978-3-642-04100-6
3. Rankl, W., Effing W. ''Smart Card Handbook''. Third Edition, Wiley, ISBN 047085668-8.
4. Ross J. Anderson, ''Security Engineering: A Guide to Building Dependable Distributed Systems'', Second Edition, Wiley, 2008, ISBN 978-0-470-06852-6.
5. John R. Vacca, ''Biometric Technologies and Verification Systems'', Elsevier, 2007, ISBN: 978-0-7506-7967.
6. Ecks, M., ''Smartcard development with JavaCard and the OpenCard Framework: A feasibility study'', VDM Verlag Dr. Müller, 2008, ISBN: 3836499894.
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- Master branch Knowledge Engineering, in Czech, 2016-2017 (elective course)
- Master branch Computer Security, in Czech, 2016-2019 (elective course)
- Master branch Computer Systems and Networks, in Czech, 2016-2019 (elective course)
- Master branch Design and Programming of Embedded Systems, in Czech, 2016-2019 (compulsory course of the specialization)
- Master branch Web and Software Engineering, spec. Info. Systems and Management, in Czech, 2016-2019 (elective course)
- Master branch Web and Software Engineering, spec. Software Engineering, in Czech, 2016-2019 (elective course)
- Master branch Web and Software Engineering, spec. Web Engineering, in Czech, 2016-2019 (elective course)
- Master program Informatics, unspecified branch, in Czech, version 2016-2019 (VO)
- Master branch System Programming, spec. System Programming, in Czech, 2016-2019 (elective course)
- Master branch System Programming, spec. Computer Science, in Czech, 2016-2017 (elective course)
- Master specialization Computer Science, in Czech, 2018-2019 (elective course)
- Master branch Knowledge Engineering, in Czech, 2018-2019 (elective course)