Thermohydraulics Design of Nuclear Devices 1
- Garant předmětu:
- Department of Nuclear Reactors
With this course, students are introduced into the problem of thermal calculation and design of nuclear devices thermodynamic diagrams. Step by step they will learn more about basic quantities and terms in technical thermodynamic, basic reversible and non-reversible thermodynamic changes and cycles with ideal gas. The main focus of course is in thermodynamic of steam: basic reversible and non-reversible thermodynamic changes with steam and Rankine-Clausius cycle. In detail are analyed miscellaneous methods of thermal efficiency increasing of Rankine-Clausius cycle. Course closure is dedicated to thermodynamic of gas mixtures and humid air.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Introduction to course, terms and quantities definition
Duration: 1 lecture
Introduction to issue, references, course integration into study and relationship to other courses, students motivation, terms and quantities definition for field of technical thermodynamic (entropy, specific heat, enthalpy, etc.)
2. Thermodynamic laws, Thermodynamic diagrams
Duration: 2 lectures
The 1st thermodynamic law and its importance in power engineering, miscellaneous notations of the 1st thermodynamic law and their use for calculations, 2nd thermodynamic law and its importance for thermal machines design, working diagram, thermal diagram, h-s diagram, their importance and use, definition and calculation of work (pressure, volume, cycle).
3. Thermodynamic of ideal gas
Duration: 3 lectures
Definition and fundamental characteristic of ideal gas and their equation of state, basic reversible and non-reversible thermodynamic changes (isochoric, isobaric, isothermic, isoentropic and polytropic), gas expansion in turbine and compression in compressor (definitions, calculations of state quantities, heat and works), thermodynamic cycles: direct, reverse, cycle efficiency definition, Detailed description and calculations of cecles: Carnot, Brayton and cycles of combustion engines.
4. Thermodynamic of steam
Duration: 6 lectures
Introduction to thermodynamic of steam, steams and their equations of state, diagrams of water and steam: thermal, working and h-s, their description, construction and importance, definition of quantities and terms (moist steam, saturated steam, superheated steam, etc.), steam tables and their use. Basic reversible and non-reversible thermodynamic changes with steam (isochoric, isobaric, isothermic, isoentropic, steam mixing, etc.). Rankine-Clausius cycle with superheated and saturated steam (description, importance, calculations) and its thermal efficiency increasing (especially regeneration and reheating), calculations and optimalization of real Rankine-Clausius cycle.
5. Thermodynamic of mixtures and humid air
Duration: 1 lecture
Thermodynamic of mixtures (calculation of state quantities, equation of sate), humid air: definition, humidity, enthalpy, Molliér?s diagram, humid air importance in calculations.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
- Study Objective:
Knowledge: detailed knowledge of thermodynamic of ideal gas and especially thermodynamic of steam (basic changes and cycles). Deatiled knowledge of Rankin?Clausius cycle and methods of its thermal efficiency increasing and optimalization.
Abilities: orientation in issue, apply gained knowledge in practice and in next parts of course THN (2 a 3) and courses which are focused on thermomechanic and design of devices in nuclear power plant as well as control of nuclear power plant.
- Study materials:
Key references :
1. Kobylka, D.: Technická termodynamika s řešenými příklady, Česká technika - nakladatelství ČVUT, Praha 2016, ISBN 978-80-01-05902-9
2. Mareš R. - Šifner O. - Kadrnožka J.: Tabulky vlastností vody a vodní páry podle průmyslové formulace IAPWS-IF97, VUTIUM , 1999, ISBN 80-214-1316-6
1. Kadrnožka, J.: Tepelné elektrárny a teplárny, SNTL, Praha, 1984
2. Sazima M., Kmoníček V., Schneller J., a kol.: Teplo, SNTL, Praha, 1989
3. Nožička J., Adamec J., Váradiová B.: Termomechanika - Sbírka příkladů, Vydavatelství ČVUT, Praha 2002
4. Sonntag E.R., Wylen G.J.V.: Introduction to Thermodynamics: Classical and Statisctical, John Wiley & sons, 1971, ISBN: 0-471-81365-6
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans: