Internet of Things
- Garant předmětu:
- Department of Computer Systems
The course focuses on an overview of technologies and development tools used in the field of the Internet of Things (IoT). Lectures are devoted to an overview of sensors and actuators, wireless communication technologies designed primarily for this area, and appropriate programming methods. They include an overview of IoT architectures for different application areas. Within the computer labs, students will gain practical experience with developing simple IoT systems using common development environments (hardware - ARM, ESP, STM; software - Arduino, Raspberry Pi OS).
Entry knowledge: knowledge of wireless Internet communication
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Architectures and application areas of IoT.
2. Microcomputers and systems-on-chip (SoC) for IoT.
3. Bus connections of sensors and controllers.
4. IDEs for programming of IoT systems.
5. Internet IoT protocols.
6. Microcomputers for IoT with wireless communication support.
7. Applications of client/server architectures in IoT.
8. Protocols for communication between/among IoT devices.
9. IoT devices security.
10.  Wireless IoT technologies.
12. Mesh IoT technologies.
13. IoT application areas.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1.-2. IoT development system (Arduino / ESP)
3.-4. IoT Internet communication (ESP / WiFi)
5.-6. IoT operating system (Raspberry Pi / Raspbian)
7.-12. Semestral project
- Study Objective:
- Study materials:
1. Tsiatsis V., Karnouskos S., Holler J., Boyle D., Mulligan C. : Internet of Things (2nd Edition). Academic Press, 2020. ISBN 978-0-12-814435-0.
2. Cirani S., Ferrari G., Picone M., Veltri L. : Internet of Things: Architectures, Protocols and Standards. John Wiley & Sons, 2018. ISBN 978-1-119-35967-8.
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans: