- Garant předmětu:
- Department of Physical Electronics
Cryogenic technology represents its inseparable place in current universe. They are applicated in whole variety of branches, from industrial applications, science, transportation, space, to biological applications and preservation of food and animal species. It is therefore expedient to get closer to this field and became avare even with not so much faintly
familiar risks related to storage cryogenic liquids. In the lecture we will focus on thermodynamic cycles used in physics of low temperature, applications of cryogenic technology, measurement of low tempetarures, basics of superconductivity, behaviour of cryogenic liquid in zero gravity, cryobiology, and other.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Historical survey of cryogenic research, basic applications of cryogenic technologies
2. Creations of low temperatures, thermodynamic cycles
3. Freezing at temperatures below 1 K, properties of solid and liquid substances
4. Properties of cryogenic liquids
5. Phase equilibrium and heat transfer
6. Measurement of low temperatures
7. Isolation technologies, transport and storage of cryogenic liquids
8. Basics of superconductivity
9. Applikcations of superconductivity and optical masers
10. Cryogenic pumping and simulation of Space, nuclear engine, and explosive risks of propelants
11. Cryogenic problems in Space
12. Cryogenic aspects of deep-space probes and storage of fuels on the surface of cosmical bodies
- Syllabus of tutorials:
- Study Objective:
Principles, practical aspects, and application of cryogenics.
Design of experiments with cryogenic technology.
- Study materials:
 R.V. Vance: Cryogenic Technology, University of California, Engineering and Physical Sciences Extension Series 1963.
 B. Zohuri: Physics of Cryogenics An Ultralow Temperature Phenomenon, Elsevier Inc. Amsterdam, 2018.
 G. Ventura, L. Risegari: The Art of Cryogenics Low-Temperature Experimental Techniques: Elsevier Ltd. Oxford, 2008.
 R.F. Barron, G.F. Nellis: Cryogenic Heat Transfer, CRC Press Taylor & Francis Group, LLC, 2016.
 K.D. Timmerhaus, T.M. Flyn: Cryogenic Process Engineering, Springer Science + Business Media NY, 1989.
 K. Fossheim, A. Sudbo: Superconductivity Physics and Applications, John Wiley & Sons Ltd., 2004.
 R. Kleiner, W. Buckel: Superconductivity An Introduction, Wiley-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGsA, 2016.
 P. Seidel: Applied Superconductivity Handbook on Devices and Applications, Vol. 1, Wiley-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGsA, 2015.
 T. Matsushita: Electricity and Magnetism New Formulation by Introduction of Superconductivity, Springer Japan, 2014.
 R.G. Scurlock: Stratification, Rollover and Handling of LNG, LPG and Other Cryogenic Liquid Mixtures, Springer, University of Southampton, 2016.
 D.L. Denlinger, R.E. Lee, Jr.: Low Temperature Biology of Insects, Cambridge University Press, 2010.
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- Fyzikální inženýrství - Laserová technika a fotonika (elective course)