- Garant předmětu:
- Department of Digital Design
Students learn to design embedded systems and develop software for them. They get basic knowledge of the most common microcontrollers and embedded processors, their integrated peripheral circuits, programming methods, and applications. They get practical skills with development kits and tools.
Entry knowledge: Programming in C, digital circuit design, computer structure and architecture.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Introduction, embedded system definition, applications, design requirements.
2. Input/output ports, their configuration, interrupts, external bus.
3. Counters and timers, event processing circuits.
4. Real-time clock, pulse width modulation, watchdog, power-fail.
5. Serial interfaces, serial communication, serial buses.
6. A/D and D/A converters, temperature sensors.
7. Displays, keyboards and touchscreens.
8. Memories and mass storage media.
9. Modern interfaces (USB, BlueTooth).
10. Eight-bit, sixteen-bit, and thirty-two-bit microcontrollers and processors.
11. Mobile platforms.
12. Embedded operating systems.
13. Compilers and development tools.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1. Development tools, programming and debugging in C.
2. Task: LED control.
3. Task: Display control I.
4. Task: Display control II.
5. Task: event processing - frequency.
6. Task: event processing - period.
7. Task: Serial communication.
8. Task: Analog-to-digital converter.
9. Task: Keyboard control.
10. Task: Finite state machine implementation.
11. Task: Pulse-width modulation.
12. Task: incremental encoder
- Study Objective:
The aim of the course is to teach students embedded system design and programming. Microcontroller and embedded processor-based systems are considered. Emphasis is given on commonly used integrated peripherals, their programming and utilization in applications. Modern computer interfaces such as USB and BlueTooth are also included. Laboratories are oriented practically. In a collection of tasks, students get experience in software development in C and development tools.
- Study materials:
1. On-line technical documentation : http://www.microchip.com. Microchip, 2020.
2. Marwedel P. : Embedded System Design: Embedded Systems Foundations of Cyber-Physical Systems, and the Internet of Things (3rd Edition). Springer, 2018. ISBN 978-3319560434.
3. Noergaard T. : Embedded Systems Architecture: A Comprehensive Guide for Engineers and Programmers. Newnes, 2005. ISBN 750677929.
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans: