- Jan Roháč (guarantor)
- Jan Roháč (guarantor), Martin Šipoš
- Department of Measurement
The course acquaints students with the current technology used in aircraft instruments and unmanned aerial vehicles, ie systems and sensors working in the low frequency range and methods used to process their data. The course includes a detailed description of aircraft instrumentation and its resistance to external influences, a description of aircraft power sources, analysis of instruments and systems for measuring engine and aerometric quantities, and a description of emergency and operational diagnostics. The course also deals with the field of inertial navigation aids, used sensors and systems, their modeling and description. It analyzes in detail the principles of calculations of navigation equations, including methods of fusion of navigation data and their processing.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Aircraft instrumentation, dashboards. Resistance to external influences. EMC, overview of types of electromagnetic interference and their sources in aviation.
2. Aircraft energy networks. Sources of electricity on aircraft.
3. Definition of basic parameters of turboprop and jet engine. Measurement of speed, temperature and pressure on aircraft engines, measurement of torque and vibration. Fire and icing signals.
4. Complex system for evaluation of motor parameters. Aircraft fuel systems, measurement of fuel consumption, total and critical amount of fuel.
5. International standard atmosphere. Height measurement, construction of altimeters. Measurement of the angle of attack.
6. Measurement of air and vertical velocity, Mach numbers and outside air temperature. Systems for measuring aerometric quantities - calculation procedures, used sensors.
7. Earth's magnetic field and its use in aviation, sensors of the Earth's magnetic field.
8. Introduction to aircraft navigation systems. Mechanical gyroscopic navigation aids.
9. Sensors of inertial navigation systems. Noise properties and their modeling. Allan variance analysis.
10. Navigation equations, mechanization of their calculations.
11. Fusion of navigation data, methods of integration.
12. Methods and means of operational and emergency diagnostics, on-board recorders and their recording media.
13. Avionics of unmanned aerial vehicles.
14. Technologies used for unmanned aerial vehicle applications.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
- Study Objective:
- Study materials:
- Time-table for winter semester 2021/2022:
Wed Thu Fri
- Time-table for summer semester 2021/2022:
- Time-table is not available yet
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- Cybernetics and Robotics (compulsory elective course)