Design and Manufacturing – Machining and 3D Printing – Practical Exercises
- Garant předmětu:
- Roman Matějka
- Roman Matějka, Jana Štěpanovská
- Department of Biomedical Technology
The course is designed for students of all programs who are interested in learning how to create products using 3D printing, CNC machining, turning, and laser cutting technologies.
Participation in exercises.
Production of the selected model in the framework of individual work, to be specified at the first exercise.
- Syllabus of lectures:
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1) SLA 3D printing. FFF 3D printing. Setup and calibration of machines, safety guidelines for operators, data preparation for production. Assignment of individual works.
2) Optimization of component shape in terms of material saving, generative design.
3) CNC machining - machining from flat blanks. Setup and calibration of machines, safety guidelines for operators, preparation of data for production.
4) CNC machining - machining from bar stock. Instrument setup and calibration, safety principles for operators, data preparation for production.
5) Cutting and engraving using CO2 laser. Instrument setup and calibration, safety guidelines for operators, data preparation for production.
6) Individual work - production of own designs.
7) Individual work - production of own designs.
- Study Objective:
After completing the course, the student should be able to use all the above technologies to produce the designed models, including the preparation of production data and instrument setup.
- Study materials:
Materials available in the respective course on Moodle.
CHUA, Chee Kai and Kah Fai LEONG. 3D printing and additive manufacturing: principles and applications. 5th edition of Rapid prototyping. New Jersey: World Scientific, . ISBN 978-981-3146-76-1.
- Further information:
- Time-table for winter semester 2022/2023:
Lab. elektrotechniky a VI
Tue Wed Thu Fri
- Time-table for summer semester 2022/2023:
- Time-table is not available yet
- The course is a part of the following study plans: