Basics of System Control
- Garant předmětu:
- Kateřina Hyniová
- Kateřina Hyniová
- Kateřina Hyniová
- Department of Digital Design
The course gives an introduction to the field of automatic control. It focuses particularly on the control of engineering and physical systems. It covers basic knowledge of the feedback control of linear dynamical single-input-single-output systems. Students will learn the methods of creating descriptions of system models, basic linear dynamic systems analysis, and design and verification of simple feedback PID, PSD, and fuzzy controllers. Attention is also given to sensors and actuators in control loops, issues of stability of control systems, single and continuous adjustment of the controller parameters, and certain aspects of the industrial implementations of continuous and digital controllers.
The assessment requires at least 40 points (out of the total number of 45 points for 3 compulsory tests + homeworks). The exam has a compulsory written and optional oral part.
- Syllabus of lectures:
2. Systems classification
3. Mathematical modeling I.
4.Mathematical modeling II.
5.Simplification of block diagrams
8.Stability of control circuits
9.Control Circuits with ON/OFF Controllers
10. Discrete control circuit
11.Control Circuits with digital controllers
12.Some practical aspects in applications with PID and PSD controllers
13.Control circuits with fuzzy controllers.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1. Classification of systems (static vs. dynamic, linear vs. nonlinear, t-invariant vs. t-variant, etc.) - examples
2. Modeling of systems I. - examples (transfer function, impulse response, step response, etc.), Heaviside decomposition into partial fractions - examples, Laplace transform and Inverse Laplace transform - examples
3. Modeling of systems II. - Examples (frequency response, system poles and zeros, system astatism, system order, etc.)
4. Simplification of block diagrams - examples
5. 1st test
6. Control circuit with PID controller (calculation of PID controller responses, impulse and step response of PID controller - examples, PID controller design - examples), synthesis of control circuit with PID controller - examples
7. Stability of control circuit, determination of stability, algebraic stability criteria - examples
8. 2nd test
9. Discrete control circuit - examples
10. Synthesis of control circuit with PSD controller - examples
11. Operations on fuzzy sets, fuzzy control - examples of applications
12. 3rd test
- Study Objective:
The aim of this course is to give students basic information from the feedback control of linear dynamical SISO systems to PLC control aplications. This is a survey course in which students will learn the methods of creating a description of the model system, the basic linear dynamic systems analysis and design verification and simple PID feedback, PSD and fuzzy controllers. Attention is also given to sensors and actuators in control loops, issues of stability control systems, single and continuous adjustment of the controller parameters and certain aspects of the industrial implementation of continuous and digital controllers. The themes of lectures are accompanied by a number of useful examples and practical industrial implementations.
- Study materials:
1. Franklin G.F., Powell J.D., Emami-Naeini A. : Feedback Control of Dynamic Systems (8th Edition). Addison-Wesley, 2019. ISBN 978-1292274522.
2. Dunn W. : Fundamentals of Industrial Iinstrumentation and Prosess Control (2nd Edition). McGraw-Hill, 2018. ISBN 978-1260122251.
- Further information:
- Time-table for winter semester 2022/2023:
- Time-table is not available yet
- Time-table for summer semester 2022/2023:
NBFIT PC učebnaroomT9:302
Tue Wed Thu Fri
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- Bachelor specialization, Computer Engineering, 2021 (PS)
- Bachelor specialization, Information Security, 2021 (elective course)
- Bachelor specialization, Software Engineering, 2021 (elective course)
- Bachelor specialization, Computer Science, 2021 (elective course)
- Bachelor specialization, Computer Networks and Internet, 2021 (elective course)
- Bachelor specialization Computer Systems and Virtualization, 2021 (elective course)