- Department of Digital Design
Students obtain the basic knowledge in the real-time (RT) system theory and in the design methods for RT systems including the dependability issues. Theoretical knowledge from lectures will be experimentally verified in department specialized labs. The course is mainly focused on embedded RT systems, therefore the design kits in the lab are the same as in the BIE-VES course and FPGAs.
Basic C programming knowledge necessary.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Real-time systems properties.
2. Dependability issues.
3. Hard and soft RT- systems.
4. R-T systems models.
6. Static scheduling
7. Priority scheduling
8. Resource access control.
9. R-T Operating systems.
10. Real-time communication.
12. Programing languages for R-T applications.
13. Fault-tolerant and attack-resistent systems.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1. Demo example, PIC24F structure.
2. Dependability models and computations.
3. Task 1. Instruction and implementation on PIC24F.
4. Presentation of task 1. Task 2 instructions.
5. R-T models.
6, Test 1. Presentation of task 2 implementation.
7. Task 3. Instruction and methods to solve it.
8. Realization of task 3.
9. Multitask 4. Instruction and methods to solve it.
10. Task 4 solving.
11. Presentation of task 4 implementation.
12. Final test.
- Study Objective:
The main aim of this subject is to cover basic knowledges from the real-time system area and to show their practical implementation for embedded applications.
- Study materials:
1. Liu J. W.S. : Real-Time Systems. Prentice-Hall, 2000. ISBN 9780130996510.
2. Kopetz H. : Real-Time Systems. Design Principles for Distributed Embedded Applications. Springer, 2011. ISBN 978-1-4419-8237-7.
3. Lee E. A., Seshia S. A. : Introduction to Embedded Systems A Cyber-Physical Systems Approach (2nd Edition). MIT Press, 2017. ISBN 9780262533812.
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- Bachelor specialization, Computer Engineering, 2021 (PS)
- Bachelor specialization, Information Security, 2021 (elective course)
- Bachelor specialization, Software Engineering, 2021 (elective course)
- Bachelor specialization, Computer Science, 2021 (elective course)
- Bachelor specialization, Computer Networks and Internet, 2021 (elective course)
- Bachelor specialization Computer Systems and Virtualization, 2021 (elective course)