SW Development Technologies
- Garant předmětu:
- Petr Pulc
- Petr Pulc
- Petr Pulc
- Department of Software Engineering
This course is aimed at one of the rudimental team software development technology - version control. To be more specific, we will introduce students to Git, the information manager from hell, as Linus Torvalds nicknamed it, and provide a comprehensive guide into its depths, as well as for day-to-day use.
Basic orientation in any *NIX shell an advantage.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Introduction into versioning systems and into the Git system
2. Foundation of the Git system and the GitLab environment
3. Use of versioning systems for software development and for code revisions
4. Preparation of the environment. Local work with repository I
5. Local work with repository II
6. Work with remote repositories
7. Advanced features
9. Problem solving
10. Administration of remote repositories
12. Internal Git implementation
- Syllabus of tutorials:
There are no exercises.
- Study Objective:
Introduce students to principles of versioning and provide them with both theoretical and practical know-how to successfully collaborate on team projects, or even version projects of their own.
- Study materials:
1. Tsitoara M. : Beginning Git and GitHub: A Comprehensive Guide to Version Control, Project Management, and Teamwork for the New Developer. Apress;, 2019. ISBN 978-1484253120.
2. van Baarsen J. : GitLab Cookbook. Packt Publishing, 2014. ISBN 978-1783986842.
3. O'Grady A. : GitLab Quick Start Guide: Migrate to GitLab for all your repository management solutions.Packt Publishing, 2018. ISBN 978-1789534344.
4. Hethey J.M. : GitLab Repository Management. Packt Publishing, 2013. ISBN 978-178328179.
- Further information:
- Time-table for winter semester 2022/2023:
Mon Tue Wed Thu FriroomT9:107
- Time-table for summer semester 2022/2023:
- Time-table is not available yet
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- Bachelor specialization, Computer Engineering, 2021 (compulsory course in the program)
- Bachelor specialization, Information Security, 2021 (compulsory course in the program)
- Bachelor specialization, Software Engineering, 2021 (compulsory course in the program)
- Bachelor specialization, Computer Science, 2021 (compulsory course in the program)
- Bachelor specialization, Computer Networks and Internet, 2021 (compulsory course in the program)
- Bachelor specialization Computer Systems and Virtualization, 2021 (compulsory course in the program)