Practicum of finite elements methods
- Department of Materials
Use of commercial finite element code for solving practical problems in mechanics.
- Syllabus of lectures:
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1. Linear statics: beam structure.
2. Linear statics: bending of a coated beam.
3. Nonlinear statics: tensile test.
4. Nonlinear statics: elastic-plastic deformation of a pressurized tube.
5. Contact: Hertzian contact stress.
6. Complex nonlinear task: material indentation.
7. Fracture mechanics: 2D through-crack.
8. Fracture mechanics: 3D surface-crack.
9. Dynamics: vibrations of a beam (free and forced vibrations).
10. Heat transfer: laser surface heating.
11. Thermal stresses: heated bimetallic strip.
12. Creep of materials: creep of turbine blade.
13. Various matrix solvers, user subroutines and procedures.
- Study Objective:
- Study materials:
 Reddy, J.: Introduction to the Finite Element Method, 4th ed. McGraw-Hill Education, 2018, 816 p.
 Seshu, P.: Textbook of Finite Element Analysis, Eleventh Printing, PHI Learning, 2012, 340 p.
 Marc - User's Guide, MSC.Software.
 Marc - Volume A-E, MSC.Software.
Media and Tools:
MSC.Marc in PC Lab.
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans: