Introduction to UNIX
- The course cannot be taken simultaneously with:
- Administration of UNIX System (12AUX)
- Garant předmětu:
- Milan Kuchařík
- Milan Kuchařík
- Lubomír Hudec, Milan Kuchařík, Richard Liska, Jan Nikl
- Department of Physical Electronics
Computer and operating systems. Personal computer, workstation and supercomputers. Processor, memory, bus, devices, hard disk, network interface. Hardware and software. Principles of operating systems. Operating system UNIX. Basic principles, kernel, kernel services. Documentation. File system, file atributes, working with files. Text editors: vi, emacs. Command interpreter (shell) bash and its programming (scripts). Controlling processes, process status, computer load a process priorities. Standard tools. Graphical user interface X-windows. Computer networks. Local computer networks. Global computer networks. Addresses and protocols TCP/IP. Network configutation of a computer. Network services: hardware sharing, mail, scp, etc. Network applications
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Computer and operating system.
2. Kernel of Unix operating system, processes, file system.
3. Command interpreter and its programming.
4. Network services.
5. Compiling and debugging, typesetting system LaTeX.
6. Graphical interface X-windows, introduction to administration.
7. Controlled consultations.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
- Study Objective:
Understanding to basic and more advanced administration of Unix operating system.
Ability to apply acquired knowledge to basic and more advanced administration of Unix operating system.
- Study materials:
 P. Cobbaut, Linux Fundamentals, Netsec BVBA, 2015. http://linux-training.be/linuxfun.pdf
 P. Cobbaut, Linux Networking, 2015. http://linux-training.be/linuxnet.pdf
 M. Garrels, Introduction to Linux -A Hands on Guide, 2008. http://www.tldp.org/LDP/intro-linux/intro-linux.pdf
Computer classroom Unix
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans: