Magnetic Resonance Imaging and Electrical Impedance Tomography
- Garant předmětu:
- Tomáš Dřížďal, David Vrba
- Tomáš Dřížďal, Ondřej Fišer, David Vrba
- Department of Biomedical Technology
The course deals with the following topics: nuclear magnetic resonance and electrical impedance tomography, theoretical foundations, principles of imaging methods and their use in clinical practice with respect to the limitations of technical parameters.
Sufficient participation in seminars, i.e. one excused absence is allowed (confirmation from a medical doctor) and successful completion of two tests, in which there will be questions that students will answer. The number of questions is 5-15 (a combination of MCQ - ABC-type questions can be implemented, where there is only one answer correct and open questions). Some questions may or may not carry more weight in the evaluation than others, such as those that involve a more complex arithmetic task or require a comprehensive approach. It is possible to get either the full number of points or no points for a single question. Partial points or so-called „half points“ are not awarded! To be awarded the credit, it is necessary to obtain a min. 50% of the possible maximum achievable points for both tests together.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. General introduction - examples, course content, aims, mathematical and physical foundations, basic concepts in the field of imaging using MR, polarization, excitation, precession and relaxation (mathematical and physical description and meaning),
2. Principles of MR imaging, spatial coding, gradients, resolution, contrast, pulse sequences, educational animations
3. MR HW and SW (film about MR system production)
4. Use of decibels, substitute s-parameters, possibilities of power transmission measurement, principle of vector (network analyzer), simplified block diagram of RF transmitter and receiver, preparation for exercises, problems of coils for MR, physical principles, types of coils, principle of coil design, preparation for exercise
5. Functional MR imaging, hybrid imaging systems with MR, molecular imaging based on MR, systems for preclinical imaging
6. Electrical Impedance Tomography (EIT)
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1. Basic calculations in NMR. Numerical simulation of the process of creation and reconstruction of NMR image.
2. Experimental lab. tasks with RF coils for MRI.
3. Experimental lab. tasks with RF coils for MRI.
4. Experimental lab. tasks with RF coils for MRI.
5. Experimental lab. tasks with RF coils for MRI.
6. Measurement on EIT system, processing of data measured by EIT.
- Study Objective:
- Study materials:
 Questions and answers in MRI [online]. Allen D. Elster, c1998-2019. Last change 30. 01. 2019 [cit. 2019-04-30]. URL: http://mriquestions.com
 ANSORGE, Richard a Martin GRAVES. The physics and mathematics of MRI. San Rafael: Morgan & Claypool Publishers, , ©2016. xx, 189 stran. IOP concise physics. ISBN 978-1-68174-004-1.
 STROMAN, Patrick W. Essentials of functional MRI. Boca Raton: Taylor & Francis, c2011. ISBN 978-1-4398-1878-7.
 Frerichs I, Amato MBP, van Kaam AH, et al. Chest electrical impedance tomography examination, data analysis, terminology, clinical use and recommendations: consensus statement of the TRanslational EIT developmeNt stuDy group. Thorax 2017; vol. 72: pp. 83-93. http://dx.doi.org/10.1136/thoraxjnl-2016-208357 [online]
 BUSHONG, Stewart C. a Geoffrey David CLARKE. Magnetic resonance imaging: physical and biological principles. Fourth editidion. St. Louis: Elsevier, , ©2015. xii, 513 stran. ISBN 978-0-323-07354-7.
 BUSHBERG, Jerrold T., J. Anthony SEIBERT, Edwin M. LEIDHOLDT a John M. BOONE. The essential physics of medical imaging. Third edition. Philadelphia: Wolters Kluwer Health/Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2012. ISBN 978-1-4511-1810-0.
 POLDRACK, Russell A. Handbook of functional MRI data analysis. New York: Cambridge University Press, 2011. ISBN 9781139127271.
- Time-table for winter semester 2022/2023:
Laboratoř zpracování datroomKL:A-011
Lab. senzorů a měřeníroomKL:B-433
Lab. KI a MZT
Wed Thu Fri
- Time-table for summer semester 2022/2023:
- Time-table is not available yet
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- Prospectus - magisterský (!)
- Biomedical and Clinical Engineering (compulsory elective course)