- Garant předmětu:
- Department of Biomedical Technology
Students will get a general overview of the company and its key functional areas. Students will be able to identify the elements of success of entrepreneurial ventures, consider the legal and financial conditions for starting a business venture, also evaluate the effectiveness of different entrepreneurial strategies. Finally students will be able to specify the basic performance indicators of entrepreneurial activity and explain the importance of marketing and management in businesses. At the end of the course students will interpret their own business plan.
1. Students have to prepare a business plan of their own start-up company and defend the business plan within the presentation of the project.
2. Student have to pass a final test with a maximum of 100 points. The overall classification will be made according to ECTS scale.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1.Decision making within organizations.
2.Behavioral assumptions for the analysis of organizations.
3.The relation between enterprise and its economic environment.
4.Organizations and markets.
5.Decision and business strategy.
6.Introduction to the functional areas: production, investment, financing and commercialization.
7.Corporate finances: types of companies and the role of limited liability.
8.The management of organizations: coordination and motivation.
9.Creativity and recognizing the opportunity.
10.The business model.
11.Market research and marketing strategy.
12.Entry strategies, legal and professional ethic matters.
13.The economics of new entrepreneurial actions.
14.The importance of the management team
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1.Objectives of a Business, Business Environment
2.Building up Business
3.Firm Size, Co-operation and Integration
4.Internal vs. external financing
5.Debt vs. equity financing
6.Cost Concepts I (cost behavior in relation to volume of activity)
9.Fundamentals of Financial Analysis
10.Cash Flow Concept
11.Direct, Indirect Costs
12.Manufacturing, Non-manufacturing Costs
14.Costs Concepts and Pricing
- Study Objective:
Understanding basic concepts in the area of entrepreneurship
Understanding the role and importance of entrepreneurship for economic development,
Developing personal creativity and entrepreneurial initiative,
Adopting of the key steps in the elaboration of business idea,
Understanding the stages of the entrepreneurial process and the resources needed for the successful development of entrepreneurial ventures.
- Study materials:
1. Creating a business plan: expert solutions to everyday challenges. Boston, Mass.: Harvard Business School Pub., c2007. ISBN 978-1-4221-1885-6.
2. LAWRENCE, Peter A. Enterprise in action: a guide to enterpreneurship. Chichester: John Wiley, c2013. ISBN 978-1-119-94528-4.
3. BLACKWELL, Edward. How to prepare a business plan. 5th ed. Philadelphia: Kogan Page, c2011. Business success (London, England). ISBN 0749462531.
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- Biomedical and Clinical Engineering (compulsory elective course)