Robotics in Medicine
- Garant předmětu:
- Jan Kauler
- Jan Kauler
- Jan Kauler
- Department of Biomedical Informatics
Application of robotic principles of medicine, ie medicine and laboratory technology. Description of the kinematic chain of robots with regard to their use. Explains their kinematic analysis and synthesis. Thus, the investigation of the relationships between the position, speed and acceleration of individual kinematic pairs relative to the frame of the chain. And also the action of the prescribed movement (trajectory) of the end point of the chain. It introduces the methods of investigating the dynamics of kinematic chains of surgical and manipulative arms. Above all, it is a matter of finding such force effects in the drives of the kinematic pairs so that the end point of the chain performs the desired movement. Furthermore, the course explains the most commonly used paradigms of control of these arms. Especially in connection with the role of inverse kinematics and inverse dynamics. Due to the installation, the most frequently used sensors and actuators are listed, ie design and function. Finally, specific examples of the application of robotic principles of medicine will be given
matrix calculus, basics of mechanics.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Introduction basic concepts - kinematic pair, kinematic chain, degrees of freedom, structural and kinematic scheme. Kinematics of robots in a homogeneous coordinate system - homogeneous transformations, transformation matrices, characteristic matrices of basic motions.
2. Point position, body velocity matrix and point velocity, body acceleration matrix and point acceleration. Kinematics of open chains - inverse motion matrices, position, velocity and acceleration of the end point relative to the frame and other bodies.
3 .Calculations of Jacobian and its use in solving the inverse problem of kinematics.
4. Dynamics of open chains - approximation of mass distribution of kin members. chains, potential and kinetic energy of the chain. Lagrange's equations II. type and their use for expressing equations of motion. Calculations of matrices C, D, and G and construction of the dynamics equation in matrix form.
5. Paradigms of open chain force control and its verification of control in the Matlab simulation environment.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1. Direct kinematics of the hand, inverse
2. Control the mechanics of the 6-axis hand to the desired position of the end point of the chain
3. Inverse kinematics problem and its verification on 6-axis hand mechanics
4. Verification of the correctness of the equation of motion using the kinetic and potential energy of the chain by simulations in Matlab
5. Synthesis of torque control and its verification, demonstration of the implementation of the human machine interface on the forearm prosthesis of the arm.
- Study Objective:
The student will have the ability to design a kinematic structure according to the necessary task of manipulation. Based on the analysis of the dynamics of an open robotic chain and the required accelerations and speeds of the end point of the chain, it can design its final form with respect to the line material and installation spaces for selected motors and gearboxes. He is also able to design force (torque) control of a robotic structure.
- Study materials:
 Lorenzo Sciavicco and Bruno Siciliano: Modeling and Control of Robot Manipulators. Springer Netherlands, 2004. ISSN: 0921-0296
 SCHWEIKARD, Achim and Floris ERNST. Medical robotics. Cham: Springer, 2015. ISBN 978-3-319-22890-7.
 The encyclopedia of medical robotics. Editor Jaydev P. DESAI, editor R. V. PATEL. New Jersey: World Scientific, 2019. ISBN 978-981-3232-25-9.
 The encyclopedia of medical robotics. Editor Jaydev P. DESAI, editor Antoine FERREIRA. New Jersey: World Scientific, 2019. ISBN 978-981-3232-27-3.
 The encyclopedia of medical robotics. Editor Jaydev P. DESAI. New Jersey: World Scientific, 2019. ISBN 978-981-3232-29-7.
 The encyclopedia of medical robotics. Editor Jaydev P. DESAI, editor Sunil Kumar AGRAWAL. New Jersey: World Scientific, 2019. ISBN 978-981-3232-31-0.
 Medical robotics. Editor Jocelyne TROCCAZ. London: ISTE, 2012. ISBN 9781118565940
- Time-table for winter semester 2022/2023:
- Time-table is not available yet
- Time-table for summer semester 2022/2023:
Lab. robotiky a asis. tech.roomKL:B-331
Lab. robotiky a asis. tech.
Wed Thu Fri
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- Biomedical Technology (compulsory elective course)