- Enrollement in the course requires an successful completion of the following courses:
- Theory of Electrical Engineering (F7ABBTEL)
- Garant předmětu:
- Pavel Máša
- Pavel Máša
- Tomáš Dřížďal, Ondřej Fišer, Pavel Máša
- Department of Biomedical Technology
The course provides a basic orientation in the principles of electronic circuits used in electronic laboratory and medical devices. It provides a prerequisite for the skilled operation of analogue and digital instrumentation.
Course entry requirements:
Successful completion of Theoretical Electrical Engineering.
Exit Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
Students will become familiar with functional electronic blocks that are used in the design of laboratory and medical instruments. The course will prepare them to competently assess the basic properties and parameters of electronic devices.
The examination evaluation is composed of the points gained during the semester, the scores of the written part of the examination and the evaluation of the interview, which is part of the examination.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Amplifier - voltage, current, power amplification, AC and DC coupling
2. Feedback - positive, negative, effect of ZV on amplifier parameters
3. Operational amplifier - ideal circuit element
4. Real operational amplifier - static parameters, dynamic parameters, frequency dependence
5. DC power supplies - batteries, accumulators, rectifiers, inverters
6. Comparator - basic parameters, electronic circuit of comparator,
7. Shape oscillator, sine wave oscillator LC and RC, voltage controlled oscillator (VCO)
8. Combinatorial logic function - forms of combinatorial function notation
9. Sequential logic function - synchronous and asynchronous operation of a sequential circuit
10. Integrated semiconductor logic functions - technological families of semiconductor logic circuits electrical parameters
11. Semiconductor memories - format of stored data, chip and memory block capacity
12. Data storage principle - memory cell permanent, quasi-permanent, volatile static and dynamic
13. Analog signal transmission and processing chain, sampling frequency, quantization
14. Basic principles of A/D and D/A conversion, resistive D/A converter, PWM D/A converter
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1. Repetition of the basics of theoretical electrical engineering - circuit quantities, elements, basic laws. Amplifier - amplification
voltage, current, power, frequency dependence
2. Operational amplifier - ideal circuit element, basic structures of amplifiers, calculation of amplification, integrator.
3. Basic calculations in circuits with ideal operational amplifier. Introduction to means for experiments with
4. Real operational amplifier - static and dynamic parameters. Parameters of the most common integrated operational amplifiers.
amplifiers. Special operational amplifiers. LAB - Verification of DC characteristics of an operational amplifier circuit.
OP 27. Connection of inverting and non-inverting circuit, connection of summing circuit. Verification of real
ratios at the terminals of the circuit.
DC power supplies - batteries, accumulators, rectifiers, stabilisers, calculations of required
diode parameters, orientation in catalogue data Measurements on a simple rectifier and stabilising circuit with
6. DC power supplies - switching power supplies and converters, charge pump. Description of operation, characteristics
integrated circuits from catalogues. LAB - Wiring and basic measurements on a three-source regulator and DC/DC
7. Comparator - parameters, use of OZ, comparator with hysteresis - calculation, generators - calculation, oscillators - calculation.
8. Combinational logic functions - forms of notation, algebra, logical terms, elementary operations in algebra of logic functions.
LAB - Constructing a combinational circuit according to a given truth table. Verification.
9. Integrated logic members - elementary NAND and NOR members, integrated logic functions, el. parameters
10. Sequential logic function - synchronous and asynchronous operation of sequential circuit. LAB - Building a sequential
circuit - counter in Gray code
11. Semiconductor memories - data format, capacity, data access, data storage principle. Address decoding in an array.
- Study Objective:
The course provides a basic orientation in the principles of electronic circuits used in electronic laboratory and medical devices. It creates a prerequisite for qualified operation of analogue and digital instrumentation.
- Study materials:
- Time-table for winter semester 2022/2023:
Lab. senzorů a měření
Tue Wed Thu FriroomKL:B-433
Lab. KI a MZT
- Time-table for summer semester 2022/2023:
- Time-table is not available yet
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- Prospectus - bakalářský (!)
- Biomedical Technology (compulsory course)