- Iveta Horáčková, Libor Holík
- Iveta Horáčková, Libor Holík
- Department of Biomedical Technology
Introduction to chemistry, categorization and properties of substances, chemical bonds, chemical reactions, elements in periodic table, organic chemistry fundamentals, natural substances, polymers, analytical methods - instrumental analysis, chemical calculations, chemical equations
Conditions of credit:
Obligatory and active attendance at all tutorials. Absences are acceptable for serious reasons only and must be apologized and recompensed. Student has to come in time. For each lab session working out a report in corresponding quality.
Grading test (including chemical nomenclature and chemical calculation) at least for 75%.
For the attendance at each lab session student has to pass an entrance test at least for 60 %. In the other way, he has to recompense the session with the test on an other date. An entrance test could contain the topics from the actual lecture and from the base and instructions for the labo session.
Examination conditions: Student has to pass a written test comprising the topics discussed during the lectures and tutorials, including assigned individual study. The exam is graded according to the ECTS scale, to pass the exam, the test must be evaluated at least at 50 %.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Subject and objective of chemistry and basic definitions, classification and characteristics of chemical materials, basics of chemical nomenclature
2. Structure of atom - nucleus and electron cloud
3. Periodic system of elements, trends in periodic table of elements
4. Chemical bonds and conformation of molecules
5. Chemical reactions and chemical equations
6. Reaction kinetics, basics of thermodynamics
7. Gases and equation of state
8. Water and water solutions, theory of acids and alkali, salt dissociation
9. Metals, salt solutions and basics of electrochemistry
10. Principles of organic chemistry, structure and properties of hydrocarbons
11. Hydrocarbon derivatives
12. Organic acids
13. Chemical elements of biological significance and natural compounds
14. Basics of analytical chemistry
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1. Chemical Nomenclature and balancing redox equation
2. Basis chemical calculation
3. Basis chemical calculation
4. Basis chemical calculation
6. Gravimetric analysis
7. Preparation of isomorphic crystals
8. Preparation of nonaqueous salt by the pyrolisis of coordination compound
9. Preparation and standartitation of volumetric solutions
10. Volumetric analysis, the back titration
11. Kinetic Study of the chemical reaction
12. Synthesis of organic compound and TLC
13. Isolation of natural compound from plants
- Study Objective:
Mastering of chemical knowledge. Mastering of basic chemistry overview, conformation of atoms and its relations with particular characteristics of elements, usage in practice, organic chemistry. To get knowledge and practical skills in analytical chemistry. Important part is mastering of common calculation process in laboratory praktice as well as in theoretical researches.
- Study materials:
 CHANG, Raymond. Chemistry. 9th ed. Boston: McGrawHill Higher Education, c2007. ISBN 978-0-07-298060-8.
CLARK, Jim. Calculations in AS/A level chemistry. Harlow: Longman, 2000. ISBN 0-582-41127-0.
- Time-table for winter semester 2022/2023:
- Time-table is not available yet
- Time-table for summer semester 2022/2023:
Mon Tue WedroomKL:A-015
Lab. aplik. a fyzik. chemieroomKL:A-015
Lab. aplik. a fyzik. chemie
- The course is a part of the following study plans: