Enterprise Information Systems
- Garant předmětu:
- David Buchtela
- Martin Závrbský
- Martin Hasaj, Vlastimil Jinoch, Martin Mach, Martin Závrbský
- Department of Software Engineering
The course is focused on the current IT requirements of large companies in the Czech Republic (Top 100). The basis is Data management, storage of big data (BigData) and their use in BI (Business Intelligence). The principles of solving the overall architecture of information systems in the banking, insurance and telecommunications sectors will be explained on real examples. Furthermore, students will get acquainted with the life cycle of information systems in the company / organization and its impact on the business strategy of the company. Students will be acquainted with technologies that have proven themselves in the elimination of basic risks in the planning, implementation and operation of information systems in the company / organization.
Prerequisites: Knowledge of working with Unix / Linux and MS Windows operating systems on a common user level, basic knowledge of UML and ability to work in a group is expected. # Materials for teaching the course during the semester are on the website https://courses.fit.cvut.cz/MI-PIS/en
- Syllabus of lectures:
Introduction to big data
IS life cycle
- Syllabus of tutorials:
As part of the tutorials, you will immerse yourself in the role of IT director of a newly emerging digital company.
Introduction to the domain
Definition of domain systems
Interconnection of key systems
Interconnection of other systems
Case study, evaluation of exercises
- Study Objective:
An important module for understanding the role, functionality, architectures and implementation methods for information systems in enterprises and the public sector administration. Key for understanding of the patterns and requirements of connection between the world of ICT and business in modern institutions and firms.
- Study materials:
1. Laudon, K. C. - Laudon, J. P. : Management Information Systems: Managing the Digital Firm (16th Edition). Pearson, 2019. ISBN 978-0135191798.
2. Laudon, K. C. - Traver, C.G : Management Information Systems (12th Edition). Prentice Hall, 2011. ISBN 978-0132142854.
3. Basl, J. et al : Inovace podnikovych informacnch systemu.. Professional Publishing, 2011. ISBN 978-80- 7431-045.
- Further information:
- Time-table for winter semester 2023/2024:
- Time-table is not available yet
- Time-table for summer semester 2023/2024:
- Time-table is not available yet
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- Master specialization Computer Security, in Czech, 2020 (elective course)
- Master specialization Design and Programming of Embedded Systems, in Czech, 2020 (elective course)
- Master specialization Computer Systems and Networks, in Czech, 202 (elective course)
- Master specialization Management Informatics, in Czech, 2020 (PS)
- Master specialization Software Engineering, in Czech, 2020 (PS)
- Master specialization System Programming, in Czech, version from 2020 (elective course)
- Master specialization Web Engineering, in Czech, 2020 (elective course)
- Master specialization Knowledge Engineering, in Czech, 2020 (elective course)
- Master specialization Computer Science, in Czech, 2020 (elective course)
- Mgr. programme, for the phase of study without specialisation, ver. for 2020 and higher (VO)
- Master Specialization Digital Business Engineering, 2023 (VO)
- Master specialization System Programming, in Czech, version from 2023 (elective course)
- Master specialization Computer Science, in Czech, 2023 (elective course)