- Department of Manufacturing Technology
Relations between construction, production technology and economic aspects. Product design with regard to casting, forming, welding, machining and assembly technologies. The basis for choosing material and technology. Structural modifications of parts with regard to quality and production possibilities. Use of CNC technology.
- Syllabus of lectures:
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1. Assignment of semestral works.
2. Draft evaluation criteria.
3. Design of possible construction solutions.
4. Design of suitable manufacturing solutions.
5. Design of suitable materials.
6. Selection of several suitable solutions.
7. Sketches of proposed products
8. Strength calculations
9. Design of technological procedures
10. Modification of construction with respect to production
12. Evaluation of proposals with regard to selected criteria
14. Presentation of results - optimal design
- Study Objective:
- Study materials:
Valberg, H.S.: Applied Metal Forming inclluding FEM Analysis. Cambridge University Press, 2010
Hosford W.F., Caddell R.M.: Metal Forming - Mechanics and Metalurgy, 4th Edition. Cambridge Univ. Press, 2011
E.M.Mielnik: Metalworking Science and Engineering, McGraw-Hill Inc., 1991
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans: