- Garant předmětu:
- Tomáš Jirout
- Tomáš Jirout
- Tomáš Jirout, Stanislav Solnař
- Department of Process Engineering
The course applies theoretical knowledge of the subjects Momentum, Heat and Mass Transfer and Hydrodynamics to the theory and calculations of the following processes and related equipment: flow in pipes and pipe networks, flow in porous and packed beds, filtration, hydraulic separation processes, fluidization, mixing, treatment of particulate materials. The principle of the individual processes and the determination of the process characteristics of the equipment will be study within laboratory exercises at the pilot-plant laboratory.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Flow in pipe. Basic equations. Friction losses. Basic calculations of pipes.
2. Gas flow in pipes. Basis of pipe networks calculation.
3. Flow of non-Newtonian fluids in pipes.
4. Calculation of pipes with pumps. Pumps and gas moving equipment.
5. Flow in porous beds and packed columns. Theory of filtration.
6. Filtration – process and equipment design.
7. Sedimentation. Hydraulic separation. Bubbling, bubble columns, flotation.
8. Separation of mixtures by centrifugal force. Centrifuges and cyclons.
10. Mixing of liquids, heterogeneous batch and particulate materials. Mixing in static mixers.
11. Fundamentals of particulate mechanics.
12. Storage and transport of particulate materials.
13. Crushing and milling. Granulation. Separation of parzicutae materials.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
- Study Objective:
- Study materials:
GEANKOPOLIS, C. J.: Transport Processes and Separation Process Principles. 4th edition. New Jersey: Publishing as Prentice Hall PTR, 2003.1026 p.
BACKHURST, J. R. et al.: Chemical Engineering: Fluid Flow, Heat Transfer and Mass Transfer. Elsevier Butterworth Heinemann, 1999.
RICHARDSON, J. F., HARKER, J. H.: Chemical Engineering. Vol. 1+2, Elsevier Butterworth Heinemann, 2002.
TARLETON, S.: Solid/liquid separation: Equipment Selection and Process Design. Elsevier Butterworth Heinemann, 2007
- Time-table for winter semester 2022/2023:
Konzultační místnost 12118roomT4:B1-425
Konzultační místnost 12118
Wed Thu Fri
- Time-table for summer semester 2022/2023:
- Time-table is not available yet
- The course is a part of the following study plans: